WE GOT TURNER FOR DG

josueelcatracho

Reaction score
After season 4 it went to shit doe.. Scripted and what not.. Movies sucked dick.. 
Have yet to see season 8 doe.. 

Miss Corey and Trevor, But the reasons in why Michael left made sense. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I do like the deal for the Pacers, but I don't think they are THAT much better than they were beforehand. 

josueelcatracho

Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
I do like the deal for the Pacers, but I don't think they are THAT much better than they were beforehand. 

And elite team stays elite? I like it. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
picasso said:

Certainly always an elite team, yeah. But I don't think this would be the reason they do or don't get passed Miami. Which is really all that matters for them. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
picasso said:

They would've stayed "elite" if they didn't make a move at all lmao

Trading three months of Danny Granger for three months of Evan Turner is still pretty meh though.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about this trade to be honest.

I know his raw stats are impressive, but I don't think Turner is that big of an impact player. He doesn't really do anything well. I mean you can't isolate him, you can't run him off of screens, he's ineffective in transition, he doesn't space the floor in anyway. The only thing he really does well is use ball screens, and how often will you take the ball out of Paul George, Lance Stephenson, George Hill, etc to give Turner the ball? And people talk about his ball handling and play making abilities, but even those are kind of meh. He is kind of a turnover machine and his assist rate isn't very good, and is even worse when you consider his usage rate.

And that's just his offense. His defense is in the bottom 12% of the entire league. James Harden isn't even Evan Turner bad, for example. For a team like Indiana, that's a scary proposition. Vogel has a history of not playing guys who don't play defense. This isn't them picking up Bynum after he was cut, they made the move for him and will he get the touches he needs to be effective? Doubt it.

And then there is the contract aspect of it. Turner has a 8.7M QO, but until he signs that QO, signs a new deal, or signs an offer sheet he has a cap hold of 13.4M (max contract). I'm not sure if Lance Stephenson will get either of those numbers, and Turner's cap hold or QO could impact the Pacers ability to sign Stephenson.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
all i took from that was QO offer.

Qualifying Offer offer.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but really.

after reading it. the biggest part of this deal is how it impacts lance. did they make this trade to prepare for him to leave? they can't keep both.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That crossed my mind when I was typing that out. I think it's definitely possible.

Maybe they know that his asking price will be outrageous, the guy seems kind of full of himself so it wouldn't shock me.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lance has had maturity issues his whole life and has always been a headache but he credits bird for helping him and giving him a real chance. that could play a huge role(roll) in him staying.

if either one of these guys walks they would have been off keeping lance and granger. only thing is, et provides much more as a "super-sub"

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What exactly would be a ridiculous asking price for Stephenson? Because his numbers compare somewhat similarly to Tyreke's last season in Sacramento, and he's the superior defensive player, in a game you consider 60% defensive and 40% offensive.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What exactly would be a ridiculous asking price for Stephenson? Because his numbers compare somewhat similarly to Tyreke's last season in Sacramento, and he's the superior defensive player, in a game you consider 60% defensive and 40% offensive.
How I feel about the game is irrelevant in this scenario because offense is what gets you paid in the NBA. And I would hope that nobody would feel that Stephenson is as good or better than Tyreke Evans was during that contract year.

josueelcatracho

Reaction score
Lance is a better version of Tyreke.. His handles are just as good without the shit load of over carrying calls..

Truth be told, Lance holds better value in Indiana than any other place in the league.. Why? He's not forced to be the 

guy and he's loaded with talent... He plays his game and there is more goo then bad, But he's still prone for silly mistakes. 

There are articles of his parents wanting him to stay in IND.. They even said, That they'll be staying if he were to leave.. 

But his $$$$$$$$$ Number price is tricky.. I believe the most Indiana can offer him is 8Million.. Which is a bargain for Ind..

But let's say a team like the Lakers throw 11-12 Million, He'll never be that player! Or you never know.. But he's not not a 

good shooter at all, He's just a relentless-over powering driver. The dude is a walking triple double at age 23 and the best rebounding guard. 

Who knows what to be of him.. Just hope we could keep him and PG.. Both guys fit with each other so damm well. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Pacers won the trade deadline, but mostly because of the names involved. I'm not sure if they even got any better. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%