Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
...Sigh...

Post the sig and we'll talk.

TTN2810

Reaction score
We didn't say he won't go to the Browns. We said he wont in the first. Plus, who cares if he;s visiting them. I mean, Mardy Gilyard visited the Pats, Broncos and is set to visit the Titans. Does that mean he is going to be picked in round 1? NO. He's not round 1 talent. Nor is Tebow. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tebow is picked in the second by the Browns as I said before.

PS Don't you read NFL.com? In an interview Holmgren said he will draft a QB in the middle rounds.

But Blake man, you are misinterpreting us. We are not saying the Browns wont take Tebow at all. We are saying he will not be picked 7 overall. I will leave this entire site if he is in fact picked 7 overall.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
We didn't say he won't go to the Browns. We said he wont in the first. Plus, who cares if he;s visiting them. I mean, Mardy Gilyard visited the Pats, Broncos and is set to visit the Titans. Does that mean he is going to be picked in round 1? NO. He's not round 1 talent. Nor is Tebow. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tebow is picked in the second by the Browns as I said before.

PS Don't you read NFL.com? In an interview Holmgren said he will draft a QB in the middle rounds.

But Blake man, you are misinterpreting us. We are not saying the Browns wont take Tebow at all. We are saying he will not be picked 7 overall. I will leave this entire site if he is in fact picked 7 overall.
Dude, he won't last until the second round.

Visiting doesn't mean <Censored>, I agree 100%. Suh was just in Novi/Detroit visiting the Lions, does that mean anything? No.

However, you're not reading what I'm saying.

Tebow is the most prolific passer in SEC history, no way in hell does he not go in the first.

Everyone is a fan of the new throwing motion, he's working with the top QB coaches around, and he's not going to slip to the second round.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You don't understand Blake! Spread offense doesn't convert! Yeah his numbers are great, yeah he looked good, but so do every other spread QB's. Colt McCoy is the winningest QB in NCAA History. Shouldn't he be the first pick? No. Why? Because he was in the spread. It just doesn't convert. It is rare. Yes it happens but often it does not. If it did then Graham Harrell, and Chase Daniel and other guys who looked amazing in college would be in the Pros. Tebow will not be picked number 7, and chances are in the first. I can't believe you are going against everyone, including Mayock and Casserly.

I hope you know throwing motion wasn't the only thing stopping him. In the spread offense, you don't have to read a defense. That is the biggest thing. He doesn't know how. Look at Alex Smith. Number 1 pick bust, because the spread didn't teach him how to read a defense. There is just so much risk with him. Hell Colt McCoy may even be picked before him.

Plus, no teams really need a QB outside of 10, and Tebow is no where close to a top 10 pick Clausen and Bradford are the only QB's that will be picked top 10, or even have the potential. The only team that could possibly take him in the first is the Pats because they have 3 years to teach him how to read a defense and footwork. He will slide to early 2nd because those are the only teams who needs a QB, and that is a reasonable spot to take a QB like Tebow.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Doesn't New England run a spread?

Didn't they set NFL scoring records running the spread?

IIRC, they did.

Did Joe Montana run West Coast in college? No. Did Tom Brady run the spread? No. Did Matt Cassell even play? No.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blake you really think we're going to take Tebow #7...? lol, we'll take him in the 2nd round if hes there or trade for another first late in the round with all the picks we have.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Recently Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren said the team probably won’t draft a quarterback with the No. 7 overall pick. But every quarterback after the first round certainly is fair game.

According to a league source, the Browns are interested in University of Texas quarterback Colt McCoy. Cleveland will bring McCoy in for a two-day visit on April 12-13, the source told the AFC North blog.

After trading former starter Brady Quinn to the Denver Broncos and releasing former Pro Bowler Derek Anderson, Cleveland is searching for its future quarterback. McCoy, a projected second-round pick, led the Longhorns with 3,521 passing yards and 27 touchdowns last season. He had a quarterback rating of 147.41.

The Browns signed veteran Jake Delhomme to a two-year contract during the offseason and traded for career backup Seneca Wallace. Delhomme, 35, is expected to be the starter in 2010 but is not Cleveland's long-term solution.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
If he's there in the second round, he'll be a Brown.

End of story.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im saying right now if someone is drafting Tebow first round they are wasting a draft pick. He is gonna be a bust.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, the sig is determined by the winner after winning the bet.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Blake, sure the Pats ran a spread 3 years ago. But Brady was still under centre some, and the offense still required him to make reads. Anyways, you're missing the point. I can see no one is going to get through to you that Tebow isn't going to be the Browns pick at 7, and that he isn't god, so I am gonna stop trying.

Mooche

Reaction score
You don't understand Blake! Spread offense doesn't convert! Yeah his numbers are great, yeah he looked good, but so do every other spread QB's. Colt McCoy is the winningest QB in NCAA History. Shouldn't he be the first pick? No. Why? Because he was in the spread. It just doesn't convert. It is rare. Yes it happens but often it does not. If it did then Graham Harrell, and Chase Daniel and other guys who looked amazing in college would be in the Pros. Tebow will not be picked number 7, and chances are in the first. I can't believe you are going against everyone, including Mayock and Casserly.

I hope you know throwing motion wasn't the only thing stopping him. In the spread offense, you don't have to read a defense. That is the biggest thing. He doesn't know how. Look at Alex Smith. Number 1 pick bust, because the spread didn't teach him how to read a defense. There is just so much risk with him. Hell Colt McCoy may even be picked before him.

Plus, no teams really need a QB outside of 10, and Tebow is no where close to a top 10 pick Clausen and Bradford are the only QB's that will be picked top 10, or even have the potential. The only team that could possibly take him in the first is the Pats because they have 3 years to teach him how to read a defense and footwork. He will slide to early 2nd because those are the only teams who needs a QB, and that is a reasonable spot to take a QB like Tebow.
If the spread offense doesn't convert, why is Sam Bradford atop your mock? He ran the Oklahoma offense in the spread. Just a question. I'm a Bradford fan, (prospect wise, even as a Longhorn fan.)

TTN2810

Reaction score
He's at the top of mine because unlike Tebow, he has all the tools. He's tall, he's got NFL arm strength, he's as accurate as hell, and he scored a 36 in the Wonderlic, which proves he has the smarts to pick up reading defenses easily. If you're that frickin smart, it's not going to stand in your way. Plus, his footwork is fine and doesn't need to be totally re-done like most spread QB's. He also was under center some times. Plus, Adam Shafter reported that he's sure the Rams will take him lol.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Bradford is a whopping one inch taller than Tebow. And what tools does he have? A new <Censored>ing shoulder? What is this little big league?

Dude breaks his arm and all of a sudden can <Censored>ing throw 100-yards?

No.

And I'm sorry, book smarts doesn't transfer to 'ZOMFG LOOKZ AT THIS B<Censored>ING BLITZ' smarts.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm surprised at you Blake. And his shoulder surgery has nothing to do with his solid arm strength. I never said he can "throw 100 yards". He just has an NFL arm, strength and accuracy, while both are iffy with Tebow. I never said Bradford was taller than Tebow or anything about Tebow being short. I don't know why you're freaking out.

And dude, books smart has lots to do with actually learning the plays. He can study everything that goes on, on paper, then go out on the field and execute. Haven't you heard of drawing up plays and <Censored> on whiteboards? It's not all adrenaline. There is thinking in the game of football you know.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
anyone remember what Marino, Jim Kelly and Steve McNair got on the Wunderlich? google it and you'll be surprised

also, the best score was by Brian Griese.. to me Wunderlich test is blah

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Exactly, that test doesn't accurately relate to NFL Smarts.

While some failures of it are obvious, Russell -- Pacman, you don't have to be smart to be an NFL star.

You think Gale Sayers had a good IQ? You think that dumb-<Censored> Chris Johnson passed the test?

TTN2810

Reaction score
Blake, RB and QB are totally different positions and yes for QB you need to be smart. And Jarrod, good point about those QB's and their Wonderlic score, but did any of them win a superbowl? No.
PS - I looked at CJ's score and he had 25. That's better than Tebow got lmao. Still think he's a dumbass? He's smarter than your freakin god.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
anyone remember what Marino, Jim Kelly and Steve McNair got on the Wunderlich? google it and you'll be surprised

also, the best score was by Brian Griese.. to me Wunderlich test is blah
The first thing I thought of when I saw this was, "Those guys never won a superbowl" haha.

Also, someone else scored the highest, not Griese, but the dude went to Harvard. Fitzpatrick supposedly scored really high also, but he went to Harvard too haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%