Tim Tebow to Browns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
So, my buddy who works for the Tribune got to go to the UF Pro Day as he's the NCAA blogger.

Holmgren brought along four scouts, and my buddy told me 'I could of thrown a shoe and hit him in the face when Tebow was on the field, he wouldn't have broken concentration.'

No other team brought more than one scout to watch Tebow.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive heard that the Browens were looking at Haden not tebow.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:unsure:

I think we'll take him if he's their in the 3rd but idk about 2nd where a lot of people have him going now.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Sorry, but Tebow's not gonna be around in the second round.

Too many people want him believe it or not.

And no, they weren't there for Haden, I asked.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They'd be stupid to take him with their 1st...

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tebow will be set up for failure if he goes to the Browns. They haven't exactly put together the type of system you'll see a QB succeed in...

Mooche

Reaction score
The Browns will not select Tim Tebow...

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I have the <Censored>ing inside source.

<Censored>es.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anyone will be stupid to pick Tebow in the draft, period.

Mooche

Reaction score
I have the <Censored>ing inside source.

<Censored>es.
Have you ever heard of something called a "smokescreen" Blake? All I am saying is, if it doesn't happen, I'll be on you....and your inside source.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of something called a "smokescreen" Blake? All I am saying is, if it doesn't happen, I'll be on you....and your inside source.
In your original post, you shoulda have said Tebow won't go to the Browns in the 1st. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there in the 2nd.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no way in hell does Tebow not go in the first.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Tell me you're kidding Blake. Tim Tebow will not be picked 7th overall or anywhere near it. The only possible place he can be picked in the 1st is 22 by New England, and even that is highly unlikely. Your inside source isn't very good, if he says Tebow is worthy of a top 10 pick (to the Browns) Not trying to offend you but it's the truth. Listen to Mayock or Casserly or someone in the know. Mayock says with the new motion, he's crept into the 2nd round. Casserly still thinks he won't convert well, and I can't remember exact, but I think he said rounds 4-5.

I think in my latest mock I'm working on I have him going to the Patriots at 47. If I hear more about the Browns though I may bump him up to 38 (Browns pick) where I currently have Pike.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like that Holmgren is evaluating talent, maybe he trades into late first to grab him. But with Delhomme and Wallace at QB in Cleveland, there won't be so much pressure for Tebow there..

interesting

TTN2810

Reaction score
I agree. It is possible they trade up to the late first to take him, but still, they don't have the time to develop him. Let's face it. They do not want to wait for 3 years for Tebow to mature as a NFL QB. I think if they took someone like Pike early in the second, it would fit what they need right now. Pike is a serviceable guy who can compete with Wallace, and Delhomme. Obviously he's not a long term answer, but he can hold the fort until next year when they can draft some for the future. If Tebow gets drafted to a team like the Browns, it's clear that when the other QB's play poorly, fans will call for him, and the team will be forced to throw him into the fire to early, and hurt his development e.g. Alex Smith. Now, yeah he didn't do bad last year, but he didn't do good either. Patriots are the one team that I think would not be making a mistake by taking him in round one, but I think they could probably get him in the second.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you actually have a "source" who insists that Holmgren and crew where there for Tebow, and not Haden (who almost 95% of anyone who has even considered doing a mock draft has going to the browns) then said "source" should be fired from any job he or she holds that may or may not require breathing air.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
It's a he.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/story/bucs-morris-taken-by-haden/

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Cleveland needs to address many issues and many positions. This off season The Browns parted ways with bust Brady Quinn and journeyman Derek Anderson. Jake Delhomme has been hired as the new Browns play caller but it seems new President of Football Operations Mike Holmgren still thinks there is work to be done at the QB position.

Mike addressed the Brown drafting a QB in this year’s draft at this year’s NFL owners meeting saying “It’s just something we have to do. ” Holmgren further referred to the situation by saying “I think Jake will make us better right away. But we have to find the next guy. That’s what we have to do,”

Joining The Patriots and The Bills, The Browns have invited Tim Tebow of Florida to a future private visit. Despite Tebows issues with his throwing mechanics Holmgren sees Tim Tebow as a player he can develop behind Jake Delhomme.
LOL @ you all.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Mike Holmgren and coach Eric Mangini were among the NFL brass who attended Florida quarterback Tim Tebow's Pro Day Wednesday -- and Holmgren gave Tebow's new throwing motion good reviews.

During the workout, Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, displayed his new, streamlined delivery.

"Clearly, he's a special young man," Holmgren told the Associated Press. "You can tell he's trying to make adjustments to his motion. That seems to be what people are fired up about, and he's working very hard to do that, and it showed today. I thought he had a pretty good workout."

Holmgren, who made it clear Monday that he's looking for a quarterback in the draft, re-iterated what he said at the NFL Combine, that the proof will come when Tebow has to throw in game conditions.

"Those of us that know the position a little bit and watch the position and have coached the position, you saw it," Holmgren said. "You saw he's worked hard on changing some of his technique, and I root for him. He's a wonderful young man. I pull for guys like that, and he's going to make some team very happy."

Holmgren, who has the seventh pick in the draft, didn't sound convinced that Tebow needed an overhaul in the first place.

"I think there are still some questions about that," he said. "I don't think everybody in the room thinks he needs to change dramatically, so we'll see where it goes."

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
People look over the fact that in the last 12 NFL Drafts SEC quarterbacks have been taken first overall five times.

Manning (2), Stafford, Couch, and Russell.

While two-of-three suck amazing amounts of cock most of you overlook that Tebow is easily the best QB in SEC history.

* Tebow was No. 1 in accuracy (67.11%); Couch was No. 2 (66.96%)
* Tebow was No. 1 in average per attempt (9.43); Russell was No. 2 (8.31)
* Tebow was No. 1 in TD percentage (8.9%); Peyton Manning was No. 2 (6.6%)
* Tebow was No. 1 in INT percentage (1.5%); Eli Manning No. 2 (2.6%)
* Tebow was No. 1 in passer rating* (120.7); Peyton Manning No. 2 (100.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%