So, who's going to dig a foxhole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's not what the mentality should be of a superstar or the 'chosen one'. He has no competitive nature and is just taking the easy way out because he's not a real superstar.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because he wants to win championships now, right.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you're calling yourself the king, and have tattoos on your back calling yourself the chosen one, you should not be going to joining someone elses team and be the sidekick.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't really be the sidekick if you are better than the player who is the superhero.

dcpwner

Reaction score
i don't know if you realize this, but the 2 best players in the NBA right now are Kobe and Wade

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he is now the sidekick.. He joined Dwyane Wade's team, it's his town, his team. Not to mention Wade knows how to win and has a ring, well Bennett Salvatore gave him the ring, but regardless, he still has one.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't really be the sidekick if you are better than the player who is the superhero.
Just wondering, you think the Heat are LeBron's team? If they aren't then he's the sidekick, no?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just wondering, you think the Heat are LeBron's team? If they aren't then he's the sidekick, no?
They were Wade's team.
But after adding a guy like LeBron to the team they are nobody's team, cause it's not just Wade with scrubs. They have 3 perennial All-Stars. They are MIAMI's team.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They were Wade's team.
But after adding a guy like LeBron to the team they are nobody's team, cause it's not just Wade with scrubs. They have 3 perennial All-Stars. They are MIAMI's team.
I just look at it as D-Wade and Friends. Then the rest of the team fills out the rest. LeBron is the sidekick and we all know it.

Who woulda thought that JJ would want to lead his own team and LeBron wouldn't? LOL

And looking at it they treated the NBA like AAU teams. Where the best players want to play on the same team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just look at it as D-Wade and Friends. Then the rest of the team fills out the rest. LeBron is the sidekick and we all know it.

Who woulda thought that JJ would want to lead his own team and LeBron wouldn't? LOL

And looking at it they treated the NBA like AAU teams. Where the best players want to play on the same team.
I just don't see how the sidekick can be better than the superhero? LeBron is a better player than Wade.

And that is funny cause LeBron will end up with rings, whereas JJ won't lol.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's the side kick.

A-Rod's better than Jeter, but who's the leader of the Yankees?
But A-Rod's still the better player & his numbers are significantly tops. If this ends up the same case with Lebron, then he's only the "sidekick" in a figurative manner. Either way, calling Lebron a "sidekick" or a "Robin" just helps some people soften the blow for now.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I just don't see how the sidekick can be better than the superhero? LeBron is a better player than Wade.

And that is funny cause LeBron will end up with rings, whereas JJ won't lol.
Better is a matter of opinion. Also depends on what you base it on. I'd rather build a team around Wade than LeBron.

werebarret

Reaction score
But A-Rod's still the better player & his numbers are significantly tops. If this ends up the same case with Lebron, then he's only the "sidekick" in a figurative manner. Either way, calling Lebron a "sidekick" or a "Robin" just helps some people soften the blow for now.
Yes, A-Rod is the significantly better player. The gap between D-Wade and LeBron isn't near the gap between A-Rod and Jeter, but it's the best example I could come up with. A-Rod IS the superior player, but Jeter rules New York. LeBron's superior to Wade, but Wade rules Miami. LeBron's going to always be the sidekick to Wade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%