So, who's going to dig a foxhole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werebarret

Reaction score
Someone's going to attempt to assemble their own superteam after this. It's only a matter of time .

The Lakers, Thunder Celtics, and Magic will give them a challenge over the next few years, but i really believe that someone's going to attempt to try the Heat's formula.

I think the likely candidates are the Knicks and the Mavericks (maybe a little bias here).

The Knicks still have plenty of cap room, and with Eddie Curry coming off the books next year, could definitely sign a Carmelo Anthony, and part of me honestly thinks that the Felton signing is part of a potential trade down the road for a Tony Parker or a Chris Paul.

The Mavericks for one reason, and one reason only. Mark Cuban. He's <Censored>ing crazy, and he hasn't exactly shied away from attempting to make the blockbuster moves (Kidd, Butler). I wouldn't be surprised to see him pry someone big with the combination of expiring contracts and young talent that the Mavs have to offer.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The new CBA that is coming out after this year or maybe 2 years from now after a lock out, will most likely prevent this from ever happening again.

werebarret

Reaction score
The new CBA that is coming out after this year or maybe 2 years from now after a lock out, will most likely prevent this from ever happening again.
I know something like this isn't going to ever happen again free agency wise, but someone's going to try to build a team full of superstars via trades after this has gone down.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing is you practically would have to trade half a team just to get one superstar. I don't think it will happen any time soon unless 3 guys agree to take major pay cuts.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings have 15m in CAP space this offseason, 30m next offseason. With young assets like Tyreke Evans, Carl Landry, Donte Greene, Omri Casspi, Jason Thompson, Haasaan Whiteside. Add a Melo and another MAX caliber FA and that's a championship contender IMO. Of course, noone will come to Sac probably. Unless the Maloofs use their fortunes to lure some players.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers got their own damn super team

if if if Bynum can stay healthy, they are not getting beat
shoot, they won 2 in a row with minimum contributions from him as it is

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers don't have a super-team regardless lol.
Well I guess they are paid like a super-team. They are like 27 million dollars over the luxury tax.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No offense greg but I lol'ed as soon as I saw you say a sign a Carmelo to play with reke. But even you said that wouldnt happen.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings have 15m in CAP space this offseason, 30m next offseason. With young assets like Tyreke Evans, Carl Landry, Donte Greene, Omri Casspi, Jason Thompson, Haasaan Whiteside. Add a Melo and another MAX caliber FA and that's a championship contender IMO. Of course, noone will come to Sac probably. Unless the Maloofs use their fortunes to lure some players.
cali is ran by the lake show, maybe even oakland second. sacramento isnt a major place. their history isnt too rich either. that sucks for them, they could be special. but just like like minni is going to need to do, build through the draft and trades.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wtf are you talking about Rip?

Kobe-Pau-Bynum-Odom-Artest isnt that great to you?
with clutch Fish and a solid solid solid starting caliber PG in Steve Blake off the bench alongside Odom?

oh, and dont they have Phil Jackson?
and didnt they just win F'ing back to back titles?

i'll tell you what, you dont have to believe they're a super team, but the West is going to make them look pretty super this year. watch

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wtf are you talking about Rip?

Kobe-Pau-Bynum-Odom-Artest isnt that great to you?
with clutch Fish and a solid solid solid starting caliber PG in Steve Blake off the bench alongside Odom?

oh, and dont they have Phil Jackson?
and didnt they just win F'ing back to back titles?

i'll tell you what, you dont have to believe they're a super team, but the West is going to make them look pretty super this year. watch
A superteam would consist of All-Stars like the Heat are, especially at the playing level of LeBron and Wade.
The Lakers aren't by definition a superteam.

And I realize you guys are a great team, calm the hell down lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lakers are great, but not super. lol. the west is weak as runny shit though, theyll look 10x better.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lakers are great, but not super. lol. the west is weak as runny shit though, theyll look 10x better.
Exactly lol.
It's Kobe, Pau, and good role players. That = great.
Heat are LeBron, Wade, Bosh. That = super.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blame Detroit and Dumars. Their 2009 off-season is what triggered all this!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe > LeBron
Pau > Bosh

Then the Lakers have Bynum, Odom, Artest, Blake after that.

The Heat have Wade after that.

I'll take the Lakers.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Until I found out LeBron thinks like a role player and has no killer instinct. And I said after game 6 against Boston Kobe is better.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He knew he couldn't beat Wade and Bosh, he couldn't even beat the Boston AARP so he joined them because he was not up for the challenge. He's ring chasing like an old role player does.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or he joined them cause he has a much better chance to win a ring in Miami then he ever did in Cleveland.

But I'm not debating this yet again cause everyone's mind is clouded with LeBron hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%