Sim Leagues

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
I know you guys have an NBA one that has been very successful but I was just wondering If there was going to be any other leagues started up? Maybe a baseball one? I know it's sometimes hard to generate complete interest in those types of things but I just thought it'd be a thought because when done right they're great.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
I know you guys have an NBA one that has been very successful but I was just wondering If there was going to be any other leagues started up? Maybe a baseball one? I know it's sometimes hard to generate complete interest in those types of things but I just thought it'd be a thought because when done right they're great.
We have them and then people lose interest, the NFL sim only went on for like 2 games lol

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MLB is always great when it starts up and then the activity dies down again. I mean if we were to start one up, now would be the time because of summer, but the reason NBA succeeded over the MLB Sim League we used to have is because the NBA takes less work with less players to manage, and with a convenient index for it.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I miss the MLB SL :(

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Yeah I understand what happens sometimes with leagues. But if we could get enough members to commit to the league and stay active I deff think it's worth a shot. Like i said though idk whats happened with leagues on this forum before.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
So with this be a thing that could possibly happen?

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You probably have to do a sign up list and see how many people are interested.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't know, but it would be nice if we could get another or two rolling, just difficult to count on everyone.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Well as long as your using something like mogul keeping track of your roster isn't too difficult.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
sim leagues always start fast and die quickly. Because you'll get 14-16 quality members from the site to sign up, then to fill it out people recruit others they know from other sites or on AIM or w/e who will join just to do a sim league. they aren't committed members and after they all make their huge pre-season trades they disappear before the all-star break in year 1.

the original mlb sim we had here was much better because it wasn't easy to get in. you couldn't just walk in and sign up for a team. But they also had things that kept everyone active in the league.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
sim leagues always start fast and die quickly. Because you'll get 14-16 quality members from the site to sign up, then to fill it out people recruit others they know from other sites or on AIM or w/e who will join just to do a sim league. they aren't committed members and after they all make their huge pre-season trades they disappear before the all-star break in year 1.

the original mlb sim we had here was much better because it wasn't easy to get in. you couldn't just walk in and sign up for a team. But they also had things that kept everyone active in the league.
Exactly, when executed right they can be really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%