• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Well I know some people on this site are anxious in regard to getting a website for SI. I agree that it would be a good addition to SI and would help bring more members here. I know this site has many many talented graphics artists that could collaborate together and design a good looking theme for the site. I would take the responsibility of the sites updating and upkeeping along with a few other people to take care of small stuff. I may need some other help from coders on this board or people I know personally to get the site to the final point of launch when the time comes, as it shouldnt be a big problem because I know the basics of coding and have many programs used to code and know a lot of good sites to get info from. If this idea goes through, I will talk to the admins/mods/GFX crew, etc and take it from there as whats going to be on it, and all that good stuff.

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU VOTED AND WHY.

I AM NOT TAKING PART IN THIS POLL.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I voted yes. I mean what could be a bad side effect about it?

We can also get a splash page after that.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
I also voted yes, because it can't do anything but help this site get even more active than it already is...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am confused on what exactly you mean, sheed. Are you talking about a splash page?

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
No a website, something like realballers.com has, we wont start off as complicated though. Then after the site we can add a splash if people want.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No a website, something like realballers.com has, we wont start off as complicated though. Then after the site we can add a splash if people want.
Isn't that pretty much a splash page? Like what PSDC has too..

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I voted yes, it will only help bring in more members and increase just about everything here.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A splash page is where you have like options on where to go. Like Forums or Site. Site is what realballers have.

bulls12

Reaction score
a website is just what this site needs. we can become even more active. i say yes.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
websites are different in their appearance - not so much like the Forum approach.. a Splash page is an "intro" page to the site.

problems is that actual websites are expensive to create and code

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think what we have is good enough, no reason to put the admins/mods through more work RIGHT after V2 was released.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I think what we have is good enough, no reason to put the admins/mods through more work RIGHT after V2 was released.
The only people that would be working on it would be me and the members that want to help. So no more pressure is really put onto the staff. And to your post jarrod, it wouldnt cost anything seeing that there are members that are probably willing to create the layout and I can code it so theres no cost.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, I have no idea how the layout is created but if I am told or w/e...I'll be glad to help

Possibly a GFX Team project??

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've made 2 skins for SI for free, what makes you think I wont make a website layout for free ?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's not the layout I'm worried about, it's the coding

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
well, I have no idea how the layout is created but if I am told or w/e...I'll be glad to help

Possibly a GFX Team project??
Sounds like it could work, im assuming balla just said he would help form his post lol. So maybe we can get this to go through and get it as a GFX team project.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
it's not the layout I'm worried about, it's the coding
I can code, plus I know a ton of buddies of mine that can also. I also know more people that run websites that have like tutorials and stuff for coding and layouts, so if we need help its always right there.

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And we can host it to like freewebs.com and just change over the link.

its what most forums do.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I voted yes, it would bring in more members....by a long shot.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I voted yes. As long as it looks good,has free hosting and is updated regularly I don't see why we shouldn't get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%