Report: Nets and Pacers to pursue David West

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
I'd expect you to be disappointed.
False.

He'll actually get to work out this off-season. He spent all of last off-season recovering from mono (a disease that doesn't just go away) In fact, all Nets under contract have been working out together for the last two weeks in Cali.

With D-Will providing leadership and encouragement that Lopez hasn't had since VC, Lopez should easily average eight RPG again next season.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When you're a top-three player in scoring at your position, then it's OK to be a mediocre rebounder.
I wouldn't say it's OK, but it definitley helps to be good on the offensive end, considering there aren't many centers in the league that can score.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
False.

He'll actually get to work out this off-season. He spent all of last off-season recovering from mono (a disease that doesn't just go away) In fact, all Nets under contract have been working out together for the last two weeks in Cali.

With D-Will providing leadership and encouragement that Lopez hasn't had since VC, Lopez should easily average eight RPG again next season.
His worst rebounding month came four months into the season, and his second worst came during the last month of the season. He had plenty of work by then.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's gonna sign in NJ, I believe he's from Trenton.

From CP3 to DWill.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't say for sure where he may end up, but I can say he will more than likely be overpaid for considering his gimpy knee and age. If they are willing to make that sacrifice, I think West would be a good target for Indiana; he complements Granger offensively and provides veteran leadership on a young team that desperately needs it. Going forward, West should be considered strictly as a sort of 'super-role player';the type of player, coincidentally, the Pacers need to surround its core with. He could very well be the piece that puts them over the top in that conference.

Not sure if I see the sense in him signing in New Jersey though. Bad year or not, Lopez has simply always been a below average rebounder. Re-signing the younger Humphries is a more cost effective option that negates that weakness; West creates more of a liability. Why downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%