Stray32

Reaction score
For seven years and $217 million. He got paid

BRAAP!

Reaction score
He's roughly making 1 million dollars per start. Insane

RunSoHard

Reaction score
If I could be a sports star in any major sport at any position it would easily be a MLB Starting Pitcher because you get paid more than anyone to work maybe once a week.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of a lefty fly ball pitcher at Fenway but there's no denying David Price is the Ace the Red Sox desperately need. Overpaying is what it takes to land these guys now but the Red Sox can afford it. What they cannot afford is another dismal season. The need to get another pitcher and preferably trade Hanley and sign another corner IF.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Makes you wonder what Greinke will get now
Probably between $160-190 million for 5/6 years

I imagine Greinke gets a higher AAV but he will won't get a 7 year deal, that's for sure. Even 6 seems a little high. I think he'l get 6 though because a team will try to separate themselves

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
There is an option on Price's deal after 3 years. It's his option but as history shows, these guys like to opt out and negotiate even more money in one final, big contract signing. That's where the Red Sox could get out and avoid a CC Sabathia situation.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Flint said:
There is an option on Price's deal after 3 years. It's his option but as history shows, these guys like to opt out and negotiate even more money in one final, big contract signing. That's where the Red Sox could get out and avoid a CC Sabathia situation.
David Price isn't going to opt out of a $31 million per season contract for the next 4 years at 34 years old

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
David Price isn't going to opt out of a $31 million per season contract for the next 4 years at 34 years old
First off, it's not a $31M per year. We don't know how the money breaks down right now but it won't be that much per season. Second, guys opt out of ridiculous money all the time in favor of even more ridiculous money. If Price does what Boston expects him to do, then he's cashing in one more time in his career. Plenty of pitchers are effective into their late 30's and there's no reason to think David won't be.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Flint said:
First off, it's not a $31M per year. We don't know how the money breaks down right now but it won't be that much per season. Second, guys opt out of ridiculous money all the time in favor of even more ridiculous money. If Price does what Boston expects him to do, then he's cashing in one more time in his career. Plenty of pitchers are effective into their late 30's and there's no reason to think David won't be.
LOL what?

7/$217 breaks down to $31 mil per yer. The per year structure is already out.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
LOL what?

7/$217 breaks down to $31 mil per yer. The per year structure is already out.
Where's the contract breakdown? You do realize it's not necessarily 7 divided into 217...right?

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Flint said:
Where's the contract breakdown? You do realize it's not necessarily 7 divided into 217...right?
It was out yesterday

It's $30M, $30, 30, 31, 32,32,32

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
It was out yesterday

It's $30M, $30, 30, 31, 32,32,32
So then you should be able to find it then and link it. I've looked for a day and half now and cannot find it. I don't think it's been released.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Ain't nobody got time to be signing David Price at 34 years old to something better than a 4/$127 million deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%