Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha this is awesome.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No its not...<Censored>...

FML...if we go to the mvc I may off myself.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.

Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

idk how legit this is.. Might be false but interesting.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That'd be dumb. Why invite Colorado if you're not going to get these other guys? Colorado sucks.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True, but do you think the Pac-16? would be able to get two automatic bids? Each division winner.

Mooche

Reaction score
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will join the Pacific-10 Conference when a formal offer is made, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday.

Texas A&M, the Austin American Statesman reported, is torn between joining the Pac-10 or Southeastern Conference. The Aggies will have a 72-hour timetable to decide whether to accept the Pac-10's offer, the newspaper reported.

A formal offer from the Pac-10 could come as soon as this weekend, the newspaper reported.

Another source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to ESPN.com's Andy Katz that Texas A&M was looking at the SEC, but the source said he is convinced the Aggies will end up in the Pac-10.

The source said the SEC consideration was fueled by "ego purposes" within Texas A&M, that the Aggies' power brokers sought distance from the Texas decision and didn't want to convey the appearance they were doing everything because of Texas.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said Friday he is still working to convince the remaining 10 members to stay put.

"We're working with all those members. We've had a lot of positive feedback about the desire of those institutions to [stay] together," Beebe said. "There's been a lot of speculation about people going west ... I'm going all the way to the final whistle. I'm playing it out as hard and fast as I can."

Texas is considered the linchpin to the Big 12's survival, particularly after the league lost Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-10) in a matter of two days this week. The Texas regents said they will hold a meeting in Austin on Tuesday for "discussion and appropriate action regarding athletic conference membership."

Iowa State president Gregory Geoffroy said the future of the Big 12 was up to Texas.

"If the University of Texas were to decide that they want to be a member of the Big 12, then I'm confident the Big 12 would stay together," he said. "If the University of Texas decides they do not wish to and wish to do something else, then I think the conference will be greatly altered."

Longhorns athletic director DeLoss Dodds has said he wants to keep the Big 12 together. It was not immediately clear if scheduling the regents meeting meant those efforts have failed.

"Our goals and hopes all along have been to keep the Big 12 Conference intact," Dodds said in a statement. "It is both premature and inappropriate to speculate on what our UT System Regents will discuss at next Tuesday's meeting. But, as the dynamics of the Big 12 continue to change around us, we will utilize additional time to continue our work and evaluate our options."

Texas Tech has also scheduled a special board of regents meeting for Tuesday, at which the formalization of an acceptance to the Pac-10 could occur, the Big 12 source told ESPN.

The athletic director of Texas' longtime interstate rival, Oklahoma, said if the Longhorns were to announce they were committed to staying in the Big 12, the other teams left would likely remain, too.

"Behind the scenes, we're talking about all the different kinds of strategies and plans that would prove that point," Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione told The Oklahoman on Thursday.

Oklahoma, Baylor and Kansas have been gathering information about the fiscal viability of keeping the conference alive with 10 teams, a Big 12 source told ESPN's Schad. In that scenario the conference would sacrifice a conference title game. They are exploring the television ramifications as well.

---

Well, there it is folks. Looks like it is a done deal now. I am still not sure what to think about this, honestly.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
I hope Texas decides to stay in the Big 12

I just can picture them playing somewhere else :rolleyes:

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha this is going to be awesome. Winner of this mega conference should get an automatic bid to the NC.

Mooche

Reaction score
I would think that they would. I mean, with the likes of possibly USC, Texas, Oklahoma etc. All in this conference, the best of the best are going to be playing every week, head-to-head. One has to imagine. I mean, I am not totally stoked at this idea being a Texas fan, but at least the teams in this division will for sure be tested and prove themselves every year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No they shouldn't.. That would be a retarded idea..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Again what about Baylor, Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas State, Kansas? Where do they go?

Kansas basketball isn't no slouch.
And Missouri is good at both of the major sports
Kansas State was in the Elite 8
the Girls Baylor basketball team was in the championship game weren't they?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Football drives everything though. By far brings in the most money.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I mean they were talking about Kansas going to the Mountain West, I mean come on. They'd go 16-0 in conference like every year. I could see Missouri joining the ACC

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm surprised Missouri hasn't gotten an offer from the Big 10. Thought for sure they would.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, but in basketball it's not as big a deal what conference you're in as much as football because ou have the tourney where it really counts.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, they're better than Nebraska at both sports really. Football it's basically even. I mean Nebraska has more history but school size and stuff, it's pretty even.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nebraska brings more money to the Big 10, they are more well known and would sell more merchandise, and their games are probably a lot more watched. But you're right, Nebraska and Missouri are pretty much even in terms of recent production as an actual team.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, but in basketball it's not as big a deal what conference you're in as much as football because ou have the tourney where it really counts.
I know but putting Kansas basketball in the Mountain West would be like Boise State football in the WAC all over again

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know but putting Kansas basketball in the Mountain West would be like Boise State football in the WAC all over again
Pretty much...Dan B. said that the Big 10 isnt gonna add anymore big 12 schools.

Mizzou is too solid of a football program to be left out. And Im not worried about KU...Lew P. will handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%