Official College Gameday Thread

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
That can be debated. Saying PSU deserved it more isn't meant to be a knock on OSU, it is more of a compliment to PSU.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Their argument would have been more convincing to me if they didn't get absolutely whacked by Michigan, and if the win against OSU wasn't on an extremely fluky play. Not to take away from that win, as they came a long way this year, but the optics aren't great. OSU had a gigantic advantage in yards, time of possession, etc.. They dominated that game, still lost though. 

But it wasn't even a debate between OSU and PSU, it was between PSU and Washington. Hard to lose 2 games and get into the playoff above a 1 loss team. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Fluke plays happen, Michigan was a questionable 4th down spot away from beating OSU in Columbus. Penn State's loss to Michigan should have been a dagger to their hopes, but somehow they finished above UM in the CFP rankings despite both have 2 losses.

I thought Michigan should have been in over both of them, but losing 2/3 to finish the season is going to kill any chance of that. At a neutral site I think Michigan beats both teams, we'll never know if that's true, that's just my opinion.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Fluke plays happen, Michigan was a questionable 4th down spot away from beating OSU in Columbus. Penn State's loss to Michigan should have been a dagger to their hopes, but somehow they finished above UM in the CFP rankings despite both have 2 losses.

I thought Michigan should have been in over both of them, but losing 2/3 to finish the season is going to kill any chance of that. At a neutral site I think Michigan beats both teams, we'll never know if that's true, that's just my opinion.
A somewhat questionable spot (all the replays were unclear) on a 4th and 1 play is a lot different than a blocked field goal touchdown to essentially win the game. OSU dominated that whole Penn State game.

OSU v. Michigan, despite an extremely poor 1st half from OSU, was essentially even in the end. That's how I would classify them both as teams too, even. Although I feel like JT Barrett gets worse as the weeks go by, so maybe not anymore. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
elcheato said:
A somewhat questionable spot (all the replays were unclear) on a 4th and 1 play is a lot different than a blocked field goal touchdown to essentially win the game. OSU dominated that whole Penn State game.

OSU v. Michigan, despite an extremely poor 1st half from OSU, was essentially even in the end. That's how I would classify them both as teams too, even. Although I feel like JT Barrett gets worse as the weeks go by, so maybe not anymore. 
The Cubs were playing Game 6 vs the Dodgers the night of the OSU-PSU game so I really didn't watch anything more than a play or 2 so I can't speak much on that game.

I agree that both UM-OSU are essentially equals. I still give the slightest of edges to UM. I think both are top 4 teams, just no way the CFP was gonna have 2 B1G teams that didn't win the conference in the playoff. No idea of JT Barrett keeps getting worse. He was unreal the year they won the title and it's basically been downhill since

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
The Cubs were playing Game 6 vs the Dodgers the night of the OSU-PSU game so I really didn't watch anything more than a play or 2 so I can't speak much on that game.

I agree that both UM-OSU are essentially equals. I still give the slightest of edges to UM. I think both are top 4 teams, just no way the CFP was gonna have 2 B1G teams that didn't win the conference in the playoff. No idea of JT Barrett keeps getting worse. He was unreal the year they won the title and it's basically been downhill since
Long windup, poor footwork, poor arm strength, downgrade at offensive coordinator (Hard to expect to have someone like Tom Herman constantly as your OC, but clearly Barrett benefited from him being around, as most QBs would). Combination of a lot of things.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Asante Samuel's son is a top recruit in the 2018 class 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
whew that was fast. Great run by Hurts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%