Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Nola....

Dont make me go back

You literally said the deal is in place or something along those lines
I did. But thats light years away from guaranteeing that Tatum would be a Pelican. Ive said numerous times that the outline of a deal was agreed upon and in place, but thats not saying theyve been waiting by the fax machine these past couple months. The deal hadnt been finalized, obviously.

I talked about this a week ago or so. I referenced listening to a podcast done by some ESPN NBA true hoop guys and they all played the GMs of the Pels, Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Nets, and the Raptors. At some point the Pels and Nets GM agreed to a deal, but it was done so knowing that the Pels GM still had phone calls to make. Its like yeah Im good with that but I still have some calls to make. Same thing here.

Now if you want to talk about what I actually guaranteed, I guaranteed that Tatum would be in the deal if that deal was ever finalized. I still stand by that.

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude
Reaction score
I dont normally post on this site outside of the sim league but mexi and Nola are fucking delusional

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys are dumb not believing nola

Everything he has said has been consistent but you don't want to believe him for some reason

If the Celtics were able to have AD and Kyrie on the roster at the same time in February, the trade would have already been made

Paulius

Reaction score
And they cant have them both so we’re dumb for not believing they’ll try to get AD even though Kyrie is gone?

Mexi stop trying to shit when you only need to piss

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
You guys are dumb not believing nola

[bold]Everything he has said has been consistent but you don't want to believe him for some reason[/bold]

If the Celtics were able to have AD and Kyrie on the roster at the same time in February, the trade would have already been made
Yep, Ive consistently said whats going to happen a few days before it happens and these morons still dont want to believe.

This site knew about the meeting in Chicago, the cancelling of the meeting in Chicago, the scheduling of the meeting in LA, AND the two meetings that took place in LA days before the national media jumped on it. Hell I still dont think they have reported the meeting that took place with just ADs reps and the Pels brass a few days before the meeting with AD took place.

We, as a site, are fortunate to know the right answers, but the majority would rather spend their time disputing the facts rather than use that information to better the discussion, and at that point we could have some real quality on the nose debates, while the rest of the internet argues if the Lakers will trade Josh Hart and a couple firsts for AD and/or if New York can land AD without giving up the #3 pick, etc.

Like I said last night, I cant say for sure where AD ends up, but I can tell you the outline of who comes back depending where he goes. I can also tell you that teams like the Clippers and maybe the Nets know what the front runners are offering and know they cant beat that. But yet, here we are.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From what Ive been able to learn, if Kyrie walks it is not going to diminish their appetite to go get Anthony Davis. They are still going to be aggressive with Davis.

From what I understand, theyre not going to take their foot off the gas when it comes to pursuing Anthony Davis.
-Mannix

I keep saying it, if you want to talk about it its smart or foolish for Boston to go all in on AD without any assurances from Kyrie, absolutely lets have that conversation. But its a waste of time to argue of how serious they will be.

He also said they (Celtics) regret not pulling the trigger on Kawhi last offseason. Similar situation to AD.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It just doesn't make sense to me

Kyrie's not coming back to the Celtics -- all reports fairly clearly highlight an interest in the Nets. So then now we're going to trade Tatum, Smart, and #14 for Davis? He's not going to want to stay (and has been moderately outspoken on not wanting to stay in Boston), and then we're left with a year of Gordon Hayward and a maxed Jaylen Brown as the only remains of the team when AD is gone.

Just build around Tatum and Jaylen; its what the fans would rather have. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the record, I agree with you. Take that risk for a guy of Kawhis caliber? Sure. But AD? I think thats to big of a risk to take.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks have been calling around asking about young players and veteran players, offering some of their young players and/or future picks. Griffin has told them they need that in their package to have any chance.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think youre going to see the AD trade start approaching the finish line this week. Mid to late end of this week youll see national guys start leaking trade packages. Of course youll see guys say team A refuses to include _______. And then within like 24 hours someone will say the opposite. By next Monday or Tuesday I think youll hear the finalized trade.

Favorites right now are:
Lakers- Ingram, Lonzo, #4 pick, plus
Celtics- Tatum, Smart, #14, Memphis 1st, plus

And wild cards:
Nets- Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen, Harris, Kuruks, multiple picks, plus
Knicks- Robinson, Knox, #3 pick, whatever assets they trade for, plus

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Beal and Ingram
While that's the most talent in the return that New Orleans could get, I can't but think that's the wrong decision.

Bradley Beal is in the exact same timeline as Kyrie, AD, Butler, PG13, etc... 2 years left until UFA and he very might leave for the same reason Davis is asking to leave.

So you have one year (where I still contend that yall shouldnt be focusing on the playoffs and moreso getting young help) and then Beal leaks to the media that he wants to play in LA/NYK, and then you have to give Ingram a max contract...

I still think Lonzo and #4 are the pieces yall should be gearing for, not flipping them to Washington

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would be fine with it for Beal. What Kawhi has done in Toronto has really changed the leagues tune on taking risks with top level talent.

Now Portland is going hard for AD to, and offering McCollum, Collins, plus. Thats something I wouldnt be in favor of.

Ive read so many times on this forum that the Pels dont have or are losing leverage, which was just such a moronic thing to say I didnt waste my time arguing the other way. But this proves it. Theres around 12 teams going hard for AD, with all of them trying to move pieces around.

Your own team has been on the phone with Houston trying to get Capela.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Your own team has been on the phone with Houston trying to get Capela.
No shit? Horford has a player option for $30M and it makes a LOT more sense to send him to Houston so he can try to win, for Capela+Tucker/Gordon. Al is a much better fit fro Houston than Capela is, and the long term locked up Clint makes more sense for the retooling Celtics.

idk what this even has to do with Anthony Davis. He's not getting dealt to the Celtics

But gotta love your optimism that people will re-sign in New Orleans when the last two stars have wanted out, and you're citing a guy who hasn't even re-signed as evidence and reason to do it. God help me if you think the Pels are a Bradley Beal away from making the Finals lmao

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1138201304768110597

12 teams smh... its 3 teams at best rn

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao dude youre such a clown. My god

1- I said nothing about expectations on Beal resigning or the Pelicans Finals chances. You pulled that out your ass.

2- AD can focus on whoever he wants, but ultimately he has no effect on who he gets traded to.

Also, this is so predictable it is utterly hilarious.

Woj releases that Griffin is dictating terms to multiple teams. Shams releases Klutch BS a few hours later.

Exactly like I said would happen yesterday. Shocking development. Woj is literally on ESPN right now talking about all the stuff Ive brought to the board for weeks.

Theres about 12 very aggressive teams trying to trade for AD, but the Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks are still the most likely and the favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%