#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jrue is a star guys. Just relax ok

21/7/5, all nba first team defense

And destroyed lillard last year

Arguably the best wing defender in the league

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Anthony Davis has never lead a team to higher than the 6th seed. Brooklyn would not become the East favorites because of him unless every star ditched every other top East team.

Anthony Davis might be the greatest stat accumulator in NBA history, but if his greatness were transcendent, NOLA would have had more success with him at this point.

There's something he clearly lacks from a leadership perspective.

I know nolafan hated Monty Williams, but how fucking dumb was it to ditch Williams for Alvin Gentry?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It just dawned on me that New Orleans won one playoff series with Anthony Davis lmao. One.

Hopefully they can find a way to not fuck up Zion. Hopes are low.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
It just dawned on me that New Orleans won one playoff series with Anthony Davis lmao. One.

Hopefully they can find a way to not fuck up Zion. Hopes are low.
I think theyve done a great job rebuilding the franchise. I legitimately think they will have gone from a bottom 10 front office to a top 10ish front office by the time next season starts.

But with all that said, I think the odds are still against them. This isnt a league small markets can consistently win in. You need not just a little, but a lot of luck. Thats something this franchise has never had.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Anthony Davis has never lead a team to higher than the 6th seed. Brooklyn would not become the East favorites because of him unless every star ditched every other top East team.

Anthony Davis might be the greatest stat accumulator in NBA history, but if his greatness were transcendent, NOLA would have had more success with him at this point.

There's something he clearly lacks from a leadership perspective.

I know nolafan hated Monty Williams, but how fucking dumb was it to ditch Williams for Alvin Gentry?
AD isnt a number one guy. I dont think thats a knock on him necessarily, I just think you win on the perimeter this day and age in the NBA. But he wouldnt have to be the #1 guy. Hell he wouldnt even have to be the #2 if things fall right. In that playoff series last year Jrue led that team scoring 28 a game, dishing out 7 assists, shooting 57% from the floor, and playing lock down perimeter defense on Lillard and McCollum. You need a Batman to his Robin.

But that brings up the pecking order and attention thing I talked about earlier. Its never talked about, but AD was not happy with how Boogie took the spotlight from him in his short stint in New Orleans. Its an issue.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
AD isnt a number one guy. I dont think thats a knock on him necessarily, I just think you win on the perimeter this day and age in the NBA. But he wouldnt have to be the #1 guy. Hell he wouldnt even have to be the #2 if things fall right. In that playoff series last year Jrue led that team scoring 28 a game, dishing out 7 assists, shooting 57% from the floor, and playing lock down perimeter defense on Lillard and McCollum. You need a Batman to his Robin.

But that brings up the pecking order and attention thing I talked about earlier. Its never talked about, but AD was not happy with how Boogie took the spotlight from him in his short stint in New Orleans. Its an issue.
i agree with you here

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Celtics Garnett would be the perfect type of role for a guy like Anthony Davis.

Man, could you imagine the Lakers with AD and a guy like Beal or Klay?  That'd be the Big 3 Celtics on steroids.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
except none of them are paul pierce or close

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
except none of them are paul pierce or close
a rare pugz brain fart

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Celtics Garnett would be the perfect type of role for a guy like Anthony Davis.

Man, could you imagine the Lakers with AD and a guy like Beal or Klay?  That'd be the Big 3 Celtics on steroids.
Lakers feel good where they are right now actually

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i was saying paul pierce is better. that was my pun. how'd y'all miss that

not cc, he got it. hes the man.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
i was saying paul pierce is better. that was my pun. how'd y'all miss that

not cc, he got it. hes the man.
:cheese:

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CC's signature is making this awkward

Paulius

Reaction score
Nola i expect Tatum to be a Pelican this summer

You promised us

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol I never promised that. I said it was the most likely, and if a deal was made with Boston then Tatum would be involved. That was back when the Pelicans were under different management. I still think Boston is the favorite though, with probably Brooklyn coming in 2nd.

Lakers are still a possibility, but that deal would still have to be a big one with either multiple teams involved or other moves already planned when the trade is made.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Figured I'd create this so we all have a place to talk about his news without it all going in the playoffs thread, since we all know the Pelicans franchise doesn't belong in the playoffs.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im starting to get on the hes going to be traded to the Lakers train, then there would be other small deals after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%