New Skin to Come!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blah, ok then.

In all seriousness though, shouldn't the things I mentioned have been done a few weeks back? Whether that's because of lack of communication between admins, I dunno, but it's happened.
I'll make it my goal to get the staff figured out this week and get the Board Awards set up too.

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with what you're saying, I think Yankees is just, shall I say frustrated, that balla is getting upset because we are getting a skin from somebody else, even though nobody had heard from balla in weeks.
I ain't upset, just feels like I was wasting my time making a skin and trying to make it unique and creative. Ask Nj or Snowy or Jarrod, they all know what I was planning for this skin and what the skin was going to look like (for the most part).

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I ain't upset, just feels like I was wasting my time making a skin and trying to make it unique and creative. Ask Nj or Snowy or Jarrod, they all know what I was planning for this skin and what the skin was going to look like (for the most part).
Well, you weren't. If you submit a skin we'll definetly add it to the selector. It'd also help if you showed the other admins though, that way we wouldn't have this confusion.

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, you weren't. If you submit a skin we'll definetly add it to the selector. It'd also help if you showed the other admins though, that way we wouldn't have this confusion.
But I don't see how its a big problem, its not like I wasen't talking to any staff about the skin. Hell, I was even talking to Snowy about it besides Jarrod..

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But I don't see how its a big problem, its not like I wasen't talking to any staff about the skin. Hell, I was even talking to Snowy about it besides Jarrod..
There's no problem, it's just the fact that there was a bit of confusion. Some people thought you weren't working on it anymore, some knew that it was being delayed. No big deal at all, now that we are all on the same page.

Let's end this discussion here. If anybody wants to make a skin, go ahead and submit it.

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aight, Jarrod's and mine skin was already like almost done. We just needed the buttons and then for it to be coded lol.. but he hasen't been on in a while so, I'm not sure if he's still going to make the buttons.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
There's no problem, it's just the fact that there was a bit of confusion. Some people thought you weren't working on it anymore, some knew that it was being delayed. No big deal at all, now that we are all on the same page.

Let's end this discussion here. If anybody wants to make a skin, go ahead and submit it.
I probably won't be able to make a skin on paint, but if you need a new banner, I'll be glad to give you one on paint.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
get ready to read a lengthy explanation on many things

1- I said I would "work" on the buttons -- that doesn't mean you can't attempt them, too. which, if I remember correctly, I asked balla to do more than once.
2- the skin WILL be used .. with a skin selector, we can have SEVERAL skins
3- I told someone, don't remember who, that I was hoping to have the balla skin ready to go up by the Board Awards -- which are this coming Saturday, not yesterday - so, quit the whining about that
4- and why are people whining about the staff? if you're on it - great. if you're not, then you're not. being part of the staff is a privilege, not a demand or expectation.
5- with my exceeding work load and personal life, my SI time isn't what it used to be. I know that lots of people are expecting a certain amount of time for me to be online, but I'm not able to control that as I used to. I am NOT going to be online instead of spending time with my 2yr old daughter or family - that comes first
6- discussions and questioning is fine, but bashing or belittling another member really shouldn't be done, especially out of frustration/anger.

if people have questions, all they have to do is PM me... I almost ALWAYS answer via PM or IM.

I have planned out several things to do for the board this coming week, including:
HOF Ballot
BA nominations
MLB Simming
Balla skinning/tweaking

If crispcleanmedia wants to get this skin, then do it. his stuff isn't bad at all. my only suggestion is to ditch the humongous font size for the site name and add some lighting techniques on the gfx.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
4- and why are people whining about the staff? if you're on it - great. if you're not, then you're not. being part of the staff is a privilege, not a demand or expectation.
Why? You ask?

Maybe because we've had the IPB for a while now, staff places were supposed to be fixed in the first week, from what I was told. But BKS has gave me an explanation for that, so I will end there.

And don't take this personally, nobody bashed you in particular, so your 'quit the whining' suggests that you're taking offense to something that wasn't even aimed at you in particular. I know for one that I never aimed anything at you in particular, and I can't see where anyone else has either.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why? You ask?

Maybe because we've had the IPB for a while now, staff places were supposed to be fixed in the first week, from what I was told. But BKS has gave me an explanation for that, so I will end there.

And don't take this personally, nobody bashed you in particular, so your 'quit the whining' suggests that you're taking offense to something that wasn't even aimed at you in particular. I know for one that I never aimed anything at you in particular, and I can't see where anyone else has either.
I think his "quit that whining" was just aimed at how everyone kept asking when the board awards were and saying that they were supposed to be yesterday.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that and this quote:
In all seriousness though, shouldn't the things I mentioned have been done a few weeks back? Whether that's because of lack of communication between admins, I dunno, but it's happened.
sounded like it, but thanks for the explanation. no grudges are held and everything is hunkie dorie in my book..
peace

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heres my attempt at a button, if you like it, then the rest of the buttons will be like this one. If not, then I will leave it up to Jarrod.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heres my attempt at a button, if you like it, then the rest of the buttons will be like this one. If not, then I will leave it up to Jarrod.

The button alone looks nice, but I'd have to see the rest of the skin to see how it fits in.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

yeah - that looks better than my attempt this morning -- go with that

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay, I will probably finish the buttons today and then all we have to do is get it coded and see if it looks good and make changes/adjustments if they are needed. Right?

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright guys, I am done all the buttons now. I will post all the images I have done in the Staff Lounge so that you staff members can see whats "GOIN' DOWN." And in case you have any ideas or if I am forgetting anything. Lets get dis done yo!!

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Save money by sticking with .balla for the skin. . . We already know what it looks like so just stick with it.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Save money by sticking with .balla for the skin. . . We already know what it looks like so just stick with it.
I don't think money can buy the skin balla made. SAVE OUR MONEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%