NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope you guys don't rip your teams GM at an event you won from the team for free lol

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
There's still time. Who knows, he could shock us all and actually pull a deal off that is superb. Although that is highly unlikely.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I hope you guys don't rip your teams GM at an event you won from the team for free lol
Your right lmao. That wouldn't be cool. But still Dumars deserves it and everyone knows that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wolves appear determined to trade Al Jefferson.

Minnesota had been discussing making a trade of Jefferson for Zach Randolph, but talks are currently dead.

Randolph has one year remaining on his contract and Minnesota would possibly waive him.
If Minnesota is THAT determined, Dumars should try a Tay for Jefferson straight up swap...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jefferson-Monroe would make a formidable duo.

I <Censored>ing love Jefferson to be honest.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wizards, Magic Might Be Talking Arenas For Carter Swap

According to a trusted source, the Wizards and Magic might be discussing a trade involving Gilbert Arenas for Vince Carter.

Michael Lee of the Washington Post confirmed the discussions, but there is 'nothing to it now.'

RealGM Note: Arenas is close to Magic GM Otis Smith from his time in the Golden State front office.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One rumor floating around — it could be a bit outlandish — has Williams going to Sacramento for guard Beno Udrih and the No. 5 pick. That doesn't sound like something the Kings would do, especially if Kentucky center DeMarcus Cousins is still available at No. 5 in Thursday's NBA draft."

20hart

Reaction score
GS will likely take Monroe I think and if SAC does take Cousins then we should package Rip or Tay and the #7 for Al Jeff and there later pick. Id rather do it straight up if they wouldnt I try for something like this. Dont they have a pick at like 16ish or so. This would give us a post presence and then we could look to add either another young big or maybe best available.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Hell no. There is no way we are trading number 7 unless we get a higher pick. I'd like to see Joe propose Rip, Tay, number 36 for Jefferson and 4. Maybe even throw a future pick in the bag.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd trade 7 if Monroe is off the board.
That's how much I don't want Udoh.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' date='24 June 2010 - 02:28 AM' timestamp='1277360925' post='4301641']
Wizards, Magic Might Be Talking Arenas For Carter Swap
[/quote]
If that happens I hope Redick leaves. I could never root for Gilbert Arenas, but then again Redick would probably start over him.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
According to a source, the Magic and Bulls have discussed a deal centered upon Luol Deng.

Mickael Pietrus and center Marcin Gortat would come back to Chicago in return.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67421/20100624/magic_talk_deng_trade_with_chicago/#ixzz0rnQsemNA

.loggie

Reaction score
From Adrian Wajnarowski's twitter:
Detroit's no longer making calls to move up in draft and planning to stay at No. 7, league sources say. Greg Monroe tops Ed Davis on board.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One interesting subplot of all this is that the Chicago Tribune is hearing rumors that Atlanta’s free agent guard Joe Johnson wants to commit to the Bulls very early in the process. He is friendly with Rose and Arn Tellem represents them both.
If this is true. JJ is the biggest sellout in ATL sports history.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why would he want to return to Atlanta? He has no chance of winning a championship there...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jefferson-Monroe would make a formidable duo.

I <Censored>ing love Jefferson to be honest.
i would like and support dumars again if he did that. but he wont =/

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
According to a source, the Magic and Bulls have discussed a deal centered upon Luol Deng. Mickael Pietrus and center Marcin Gortat would come back to Chicago in return.

Via Chicago Daily Herald
id think trading bass would be better for orlando

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would he want to return to Atlanta? He has no chance of winning a championship there...
You act like he'd be doing better in Chicago. If No chance is getting him a 3 seed right now why would you downgrade?

Theres honestly less reasons to go to Chicago then there are to stay in ATL.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
actually if chicago doesnt wanna go for lebron or wade they can look into jj and either bosh/amare/boozer and they will be a lot better than atlanta..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%