NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I admitted our flaws. Mike Woodson and too many isos. The only thing we lack is a big center. If we had one we could do better against Orlando or Cleveland (with LeBron). Other then that we're fine. If we're not threats at the 3 seed then who is? idc whos good unless they're winning chips they don't matter to me (opponents wise). I admitted our faults. You just don't give us any credit for anything because you hate the hawks. You called winning 50+ games and being a 3 seed a fluke. Thats pretty much summing up that you're a hater.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Lol one good season can very easily be a fluke. There's no way you can say that there's NO WAY that it's a fluke. Until they repeat it, it's a fluke in my eyes.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steady improvement over about 6 seasons I believe, makes it a fluke?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
So they're going to keep improving until they win 82 games. Sounds realistic ;). All I'm saying is, that with this collected group, I think they've reached their ceiling.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All I'm saying is people have said that and been wrong numerous times before

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
So, yeah, they're going to keep getting better until they win 5 titles. Josh Smith = LeBron. Jordan Crawford will become the next Joe Johnson. What else am I missing?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Bosh said that the Heat is in "top contention" to sign him as a free agent this summer, while noting that he is not interested in playing center.

"Everybody pretty much is on an even playing field until I hear what they have to say," Bosh said. "I want to see things for myself, how they run everything, what their ideas are."

Bosh "dismissed" a report from Yahoo! Sports that claimed he would certainly follow LeBron James to Chicago should James decide to join the Bulls.

Via Miami Herald

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons are looking to move Jason Maxiell and Chris Wilcox, who will combine to make $8 million next season. Maxiell is undersized but a fierce rebounder while Wilcox has the skills to be a productive player but lacks consistent desire .
Part of a larger article.
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2010/06/27/draft_has_turned_into_a_glorified_trade_show/?page=full

Not sure why they are our 1st priority, but I guess it would free up time for Monroe.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love maxiell, im up for moving him if its part of a bigger deal. but just to free up time? id rather move charlie. atleast maxxy plays defense..

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
watch how many "fans" the heat have, after this off-season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
An NBA general manager reportedly told Jon Rothstein of MSG Network that Chris Bosh will certainly sign with the Heat as a free agent.

"This has been planned for a long time," the GM said. "Chris is going to Miami."

Another GM reportedly told The New York Times that he thinks "it's a done deal" that Bosh and LeBron James will sign with the Bulls.

Via Jon Rothstein/MSG Network (via Twitter)

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I guess NBA Execs are saying Bosh and James to Miami is a done deal. I don't understand why they wouldn't go to Chicago? In other news, I hope the Pistons don't move Maxiell. I like him. If he was moved with Rip and/or Tayshaun then fine, but not alone.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
miami is the better place. wade, lebron, and bosh could be the best trio ever. they would need a rebounding center and a point who can hit an open three from time to time and that team is set.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not going to happen.. LeBron's ego is too big to be Wade's side kick.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
It's not going to happen.. LeBron's ego is too big to be Wade's side kick.
Basically what I was thinking. I was watching the draft post show on Friday on ESPN and they all said Wade and LeBron wouldn't work because of that.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think LeBron and Bosh will go to Chicago. But I think Chicago is going to trade away Deng to Orlando. Also trade talks between Orlando and Toronto about the Magic getting Hedo back. Hmmm!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think those two would work. i really do. but we can say the same for bosh, he came out and said he wants to be the number one option on a any team.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think LeBron and Bosh will go to Chicago. But I think Chicago is going to trade away Deng to Orlando. Also trade talks between Orlando and Toronto about the Magic getting Hedo back. Hmmm!
orlando denied the deng reports, and shopping vince..

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well they're definitely shopping Vince. Have shopped him to the Wizards which was confirmed. But I'd really like to see Hedo come back. He's my boy LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%