Millen Reportly Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What isn't Millen's fault in this organization?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do this.
Keep our good players get rid of the rest.
Start over.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Ok Kitna was somewhat fine last year with Martz, then he leaves and all the blame falls on him?
He was decent, better then he was this season.

Martz did make the offense better at times though.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want to see us pull a Falcons... Or a Dolphins.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I just mean strip the team down, like they did.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Well I just mean strip the team down, like they did.
Our team is really underachieving.

Our secondary should be improved.. Linebackers don't look bad.

Our D-Line is <Censored> though. We need to draft D-Line and O-Line next year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like I said build around our good players.
Get rid of the rest..

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tim Tebow? hahahaha aha ha ahaha ha. If it is Tebow, it won't be for 2 seasons. I see him staying at Florida for 4 years, he needs to to refine his QB skills.

Drew Stanton hasn't even had a chance to play yet. i really like Stanton, i hope he gets a shot.
Whats so funny?

Is it hard to imagine Tebow a top 5 pick within the next couple years? Or is it hard to imagine Detroit with a top 5 pick at the same time?

Drew Stanton hasn't had a chance to play...very true...but the next guy calling the shots for the Lions may not necessarily be sold on him.

And if Tebow wins another Heisman Trophy this season and/or the Gators win the 2008 BCS...he's draft bound in 2009.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tebow would be a good pick, but not for us in 2 years because I don't think we'll have a top 5 picks.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Tebow could be a franchise changing player if we can protect him, but I want to see what Stanton can do first.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Tebow could be a franchise changing player if we can protect him, but I want to see what Stanton can do first.
Well now is the time to insert Stanton, if ever.

Even Detroit fans have to admit that this is far from a playoff calibur team, too many "what if's" and "if only's".

That said, put Stanton in...good or bad, let him take his lumps, gain the experience, and figure out if he does have what it takes in the next 14 weeks of the season.

The Lions really have nothing to lose at this point. Marinelli doesn't either b/c one way or the other, he's out once a new GM comes in.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, if Stanton is finally healthy I bet he gets the start soon.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys can have Tebow. Chiefs will take Sam Bradford :)

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
Whats so funny?

Is it hard to imagine Tebow a top 5 pick within the next couple years? Or is it hard to imagine Detroit with a top 5 pick at the same time?

Drew Stanton hasn't had a chance to play...very true...but the next guy calling the shots for the Lions may not necessarily be sold on him.

And if Tebow wins another Heisman Trophy this season and/or the Gators win the 2008 BCS...he's draft bound in 2009.
who cares about winning the Heisman (which he wont, because he isn't going to get rushing TDs this year, he has 0 now). Colt Brennan? Alex Smith (ESPECIALLY Alex Smith, same offense)? Danny Weurffl?! SYSTEM QB. sadly for Tebow, no one runs the spread in the NFL, QBs are too valuable. No one starts in the shot gun 90% of the game, no one runs their QB.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
who cares about winning the Heisman (which he wont, because he isn't going to get rushing TDs this year, he has 0 now). Colt Brennan? Alex Smith (ESPECIALLY Alex Smith, same offense)? Danny Weurffl?! SYSTEM QB. sadly for Tebow, no one runs the spread in the NFL, QBs are too valuable. No one starts in the shot gun 90% of the game, no one runs their QB.
Your missing the point about him winning another Heisman. I'm saying that if he wins another or Florida wins the BCS, he will not return for his senior season. Most Draft Experts are already calling for him to enter the NFL draft in 2009 as well

A dual threat quarterback isn't a "system quarterback". Yeah Tebow runs the spread offense at Florida but does that necessarily mean he isn't capable of playing in another system? I think not. Put it this way...if Michael Vick can win a starting role with his cannon arm and legs, so can Tebow.

With Tom Brady under center, the Patriots ran one of the most successful versions of the spread offense last season. Brady was in the gun about 90% of the season too.

Aside from them, Brian Schottenheimer is using the spread more and more in New York & if you watch Big Ben in Pittsburgh...he's in the gun and throwing to spread receivers also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%