Millen Reportly Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
The Matt Millen era is reportedly over in Detroit.

The embattled Lions team president and general manager is leaving the position, FOXSports.com reported Wednesday. It was unclear whether he had been fired or had resigned, according to the report.

The move comes two days after Bill Ford Jr., the son of team owner William Clay Ford, publicly said he would have fired Millen if he had the authority to do so.

The Lions are 31-84 under Millen and have won only one playoff game during his tenure. But until this point, the Lions have resisted widespread demands from fans seeking Millen's ouster.

According to the report, Millen had informed a number of employees about the change on Wednesday morning and had large packing boxes in his office.
Really, it's about time. I doubt anyone in the world hates the Lions, since they never do anything, but you gotta feel bad for some of their players, being under this guy for so long.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Finally.

I am surprised William Ford even kept him on this long as it is. Exactly how many head coaches and draft picks did Millen have underneath him?

Looks to me like next season will see the end of Rod Marinelli as well. The Lions just don't win underneath this guy and I am sure a new General Manager will come in and hire his own guy.

Plan on Tim Tebow being a Detroit Lion soon enough.

http://www.firemillen.com/

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
Tim Tebow? hahahaha aha ha ahaha ha. If it is Tebow, it won't be for 2 seasons. I see him staying at Florida for 4 years, he needs to to refine his QB skills.

Drew Stanton hasn't even had a chance to play yet. i really like Stanton, i hope he gets a shot.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
THANK YOU LORD!

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that every great team has great offensive line play...

Kitna isn't the problem (or the solution, for that matter) but without a more consistent running game, and a good o-line they'll be fine. They need to spend some picks on line, and then work on that D... It's a work in progress, but until they can leave through FA, they have solid WR.

.loggie

Reaction score
<3 finally. well be a playoff team in the next 3 years, i know that may be saying a lot and it depends on the GM we get but im gonna call it. we could have made the playoffs last season if we didnt give up in the second half of the season

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Detroit is a happy city today, when I heard this I was happy as hell. Good to see him gone, hopefully we can pull everything together for next year. Can't wait to see who we sign.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This day will be looked at as the best day in Lions history.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FAcy is what we need to use for us to better the team. As long as we get a GM that uses our money we will be a playoff team in 3 years like log said.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Roy Williams is pretty much 100% gone by the way.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Roy Williams is pretty much 100% gone by the way.
Yeah which might be better for us which would allow a better passing game imo. Don't have to worry about 2 #1's fighting over a certain about of catches, just let Calvin be #1 and have #2 and #3 receivers.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes exactly. Roy doesn't seem to play with his heart either. I'm going to be happy to see him gone. I wanted him gone last off-season.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes exactly. Roy doesn't seem to play with his heart either. I'm going to be happy to see him gone. I wanted him gone last off-season.
You also was glad with Martz gone. We now see he is the only reason they were decent last year. It will be so much different with Roy taking attention off of Calvin.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I figure we would have a more balanced game without Martz.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
You also was glad with Martz gone. We now see he is the only reason they were decent last year. It will be so much different with Roy taking attention off of Calvin.
Martz isn't the reason.

Kitna's to blame, seriously.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Millen is to blame. For brining in Kitna first off, and providing him with the leagues worst offensive line.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Millen is to blame. For brining in Kitna first off, and providing him with the leagues worst offensive line.
LMAO yeah he is. :rolleyes:

The talents there, it's just not being played right on the field, let me guess that's Millen's fault too?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, well Marinelli needs to go too. So I guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%