Manny Ramirez Retires

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Just heard it while watching the Yankee game, the MLB just had a press release stating he filed for retirement.

Wow, I'm shocked.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sad to see him go.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MLB MLB BREAKING: Manny Ramirez informs MLB he is retiring. MLB recently notified Manny of an issue under MLB’s drug prevention & treatment program.
Saw that on Twitter...God damn

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Apparently he failed another drug test and was going to have to sit out 100 games this season

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Damn, sad to see him go.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Failed another drug test lmaooooo.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats sad...oh well might as well retire if thats the case

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It seems only fitting: Manny Ramirez(notes) played much of his career under a cloud of controversy and now he's ending it in much the same fashion.

In a bombshell of an announcement, Major League Baseball said on Friday afternoon that Ramirez is electing to retire less than a week into the season rather than address an unidentified drug "issue."

From the MLB Press Release:

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."
Ramirez played just five games for the Tampa Bay Rays this season, going 1 for 16 and getting booed by the Tropicana Field crowd on Tuesday night. He missed Thursday's game against the Chicago White Sox after Joe Maddon said the 38-year-old slugger was attending to "a personal matter."

H-MYK

Reaction score
I really wasn't the biggest fan of Ramirez. I've always found him to be cocky and arrogant with his "Manny Being Manny" attitude. I knew that it was only a matter of time before he calls it quits when he started bouncing from team to team.

Mooche

Reaction score
I really wasn't the biggest fan of Ramirez. I've always found him to be cocky and arrogant with his "Manny Being Manny" attitude. I knew that it was only a matter of time before he calls it quits when he started bouncing from team to team.
Personally, I kind of viewed him the same way.

It's definitely kind of weird to have baseball without Manny now.. Hah.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lmao, cheater. Its really unfortunate he is going out like that cuz he was such a great hitter and had an amazing swing.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I was surprised when I saw this. Then I saw the drug test part and just went "Oh that Manny" I liked him in Boston, but after that, he became annoying and overly cocky and whatnot.

VC15

Reaction score
This guy should be following right behind him soon...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JyWWz5VesyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Partners in crime.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
A-Rod never used in NYY, NBD.

Not to mention there's a major difference between A-Rod and Ortiz, Ortiz was a scrub without the roids, A-Rod was a star

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Either its pretty hypocritical.

Also what happened to you ignoring my posts?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just because A-Rod said he only used in Texas doesn't mean it's true..

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I still wouldn't see the point in coming out with the truth only to tell part of it, but I suppose it's possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%