Lakers to hire Al Roker as Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually don't have a problem with Brown.

The triangle offense hasn't been used as significantly within the Lakers offensive strategy since O'Neal was on the team, and last year's roster in particular had the most trouble executing it since Phil Jackson has been in Los Angeles. Specifically, the team's FA acquisitions appeared to struggle grasping the fundamentals of the system, partly accounting for the Lakers poor offensive play from their bench down the stretch. Brian Shaw, in all likelihood, would have carried on that offensive strategy, but given those struggles, I am not convinced that would have been the best route, especially considering the makeup of the team could very well be dramatically different in the coming months.

Mike Brown, I think, provided the most logical fit for the team considering their options. He is a defensive minded coach, which coincidentally is the side of the ball where the team most struggled in the post season. His offensive sets are relatively simple, and his ability to be a player's coach provides a change of tone in the locker room that may be needed after the collapse the team had. On the the other hand, the other candidates posed their own sets of problems. Dunleavy left the Clippers on a bad note and is known to have a disciplinarian coaching style that may not be be conducive with a veteran roster. Adelman's offensive strategies are complicated, and may not be implemented quickly enough for a long postseason run. Brown's hiring offers an easier coaching transition that benefits a team trying to find its way back to playoff success.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
During the Mavs-Thunder halftime show he said he had exchanged Texas with Kobe.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im not condemning it like most lakers fans are

it's getting ugly here though
lakers owner has been jerry buss and he's been great. started showtime, started cheerleaders in the NBA, he's done a lot.

but his son is going to be in charge soon, he's already getting more power.
he hired MB

and he just fired the Lakers assistant GM who's been with them for 25 years!
he's going to be one of those dumbass owners that thinks they know everything
oh boy. it's just now starting. he didnt like phil, phil didnt like him, so he hires someone completely opposite of phil and didnt consult kobe at all

it's going to get murky really soon...
damn big ego from a nobody. hell
their assistant gm didnt get fired. they just arent renewing his contract.

i also lol' when MB was getting interviewed and he said "me and kobe exchanged texas"

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^What Pugz said lol. Obviously meant texts but still funny.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
exchanged texas

rofl. cant wait to see what other gems he has
this is always my favorite
hahahaha. im cracking up about this

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's gonna get clowned in the locker room...

That is all

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure how he'll do with the Lakers team in his hands =/

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^lol no

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
daldridgetnt
Source: Kuester 99 % certain to join Mike Brown in LA as offensive coor., w/Mike Malone likely Def. Coor.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^sounds pretty good to me
also signing Ettore Messina. Italian coach. regarded as one of the best Euro coaches

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6629102&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines
Brown developed a relationship with Messina when he was head coach of the Cavaliers and Messina was the head coach of CSKA Moscow. Brown routinely flew to Italy, where Messina held CSKA's training camps, to pick up new ideas to use with the Cavs.
and Michael Malone who I think was with him in Cleveland. Was with New Orleans this year. helped their defense big time. NO had one of the better defenses in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%