How Can We Improve SI?

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
AE. said:

I'm judging the activity of your league as it relates to the site as a whole. An NHL sim league doesn't mean anything to those who aren't a member, if the NHL Sim GMs aren't actively engaged in discussions around the site. I would personally like to see an active NHL forum here. 
So it'll be active. I haven't done my job as a NHL mod because I've been busy in the accounting field and can't post news and shit every day. It's too hectic for me.

It's partially my fault, and it'll get better with time. Maybe we can be a little optimistic? There's no harm.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hoovuh and I were working on a system to give out GM cash as a reward for discussing sports!
thats a really good idea

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
XF is more comparable to vB than IPB is. 

True.  I couldn't stand IPB before I bought SI and now I don't mind it at all.  Each software has its cool trinkets.  Like I said, some of those guys that say vB or die, will eventually say screw it and accept IPB, others of course won't.  Hope we get more that say screw it and join in then the other.

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
AE. said:
I'm judging the activity of your league as it relates to the site as a whole. An NHL sim league doesn't mean anything to those who aren't a member, if the NHL Sim GMs aren't actively engaged in discussions around the site. I would personally like to see an active NHL forum here.
I understand. We can make it happen.

Also, sorry if I sounded mad or whatever, I just felt snubbed by the earlier comment. All good though I gotcha

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Some of us feel snubbed too, I guess, when people are talking about how they hate the boards. It takes time to get used to it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuhgeddit said:
So it'll be active. I haven't done my job as a NHL mod because I've been busy in the accounting field and can't post news and shit every day. It's too hectic for me.

It's partially my fault, and it'll get better with time. Maybe we can be a little optimistic? There's no harm.
Trust me, I know all about that. My activity is always in spurts because of school. But if you knew me, you'd know I'm the glass half empty guy. You don't have to like or agree with everything I am saying here but my intent is 100% constructive. I've been around forums long enough to see this exact situation play out at least a couple dozen times. Most of the time it doesn't work out and its b/c of poor execution. The staff is still getting thing together but while the feedback line is open, I'm going to sound off.

Shaggy said:

True.  I couldn't stand IPB before I bought SI and now I don't mind it at all.  Each software has its cool trinkets.  Like I said, some of those guys that say vB or die, will eventually say screw it and accept IPB, others of course won't.  Hope we get more that say screw it and join in then the other.
IPB is more for professional use while vBulletin is more for what we're doing here. IPB has come a long way and I prefer it only because vBulletin is like the iPhone. Every 6 months there's a newer version and despite the fancy trinkets, the quality of the device isn't built to last.

Raindelay said:
I understand. We can make it happen.

Also, sorry if I sounded mad or whatever, I just felt snubbed by the earlier comment. All good though I gotcha
No worries, I can disagree with people. And I apologize for not realizing that you guys have a general discussion for each sim. At first glance it looked like you only had 4 pages of general discussion total. But I mean what I said. I really hope you NHL guys can get the hockey discussion moving along at SI. Always been the most challenging b/c SI is mostly basketball and gfx guys. Hell, our WWE chat has always put hockey to shame here.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
....Last thing I'll suggest and then shut up for a while....

Give College Sports it's own category and get those NCAA forums away from the pro league forums.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Here is where I stand on things:

Obviously, people are going to complain about the merge. People don't like change, but majority will get over them. I think a lot of the bitching was just because the sim league user group was messed up and made the site look weird. I only notice a few people still complaining about the site, and honestly most of those people complain no matter what. 

I'm going to be working with RainDelay and RSH about getting their members to post outside of the sim league. I know RD would give out GM cash to every GM who posted in a certain section or topic and the NHL playoff thread had over 50 replies because of it. A lot of the NHL gm's come from another player sim league and a lot of them post off-topic stuff on that site as well, so I think we could get a few of them to be active outside of the NHL sim. 

Same situation in the other NBA Sim League.

We had over 1,500 posts today and none of the NBA sim leagues had a live thread. We have a very good core of members here now, and it's to the best for everyone just to work things out with each other and get along which I think will eventually happen.

brett05

Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:

There's a checkmark where it says you can ignore signatures and profile pics. Click on that. 
Tedious, but a solution.  :)  Thanks.

The problem is we can't do that for the administrators.  GMF1991 is not appropriate for work as an example.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You work at the wrong place

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Tedious, but a solution.  :)  Thanks.

The problem is we can't do that for the administrators.  GMF1991 is not appropriate for work as an example.
Use the mobile theme at work. It won't show any sigbatures.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going back to last night, I've personally never liked the news and discussion forums. I preferred it the way it was

ncsportsguy

idk what i'm doing
Reaction score
dont know if this is the right thread but something weird is happening when I try and post a new thread in the MC section of the BSL sim league

I get "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

and it will not let me post the thread because of it but it does not inform me which image is an issue assuming there is only one that is a problem 

just let me know what I may be doing wrong extension wise 

thanks!

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:
....Last thing I'll suggest and then shut up for a while....

Give College Sports it's own category and get those NCAA forums away from the pro league forums.

We tried that awhile ago and most people didn't like it. Personally I like it better to group like sports together, but that might be just me.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

We tried that awhile ago and most people didn't like it. Personally I like it better to group like sports together, but that might be just me.

I mean, the "College Football"  forum doesn't belong under the "National Football League" category.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
So would it be fine for you if that was just renamed football and was still subgrouped with all the NFL forums, or do you want college sports to have their own sub forum?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
So would it be fine for you if that was just renamed football and was still subgrouped with all the NFL forums, or do you want college sports to have their own sub forum?

It can't stay as is. Looks stupid. I prefer college sports to have its own category. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%