How Can We Improve SI?

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:

click the timestamp. Although I know that's not really an option on mobile. 
Hmm it works for me

Just click on the arrow icon on mobile and if brings you to the last post

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Foreman said:
adding a separate spot to select a sim league team would be nice for the people that are in both leagues. Name one option the BSL and the other Retro SL

Changed them. I did NBA Sim League, Retro Sim League, NHL Sim League. But if you guys think I should change it to BS Sim League that's fine by me - it's an easy fix anyway. 

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:

Changed them. I did NBA Sim League, Retro Sim League, NHL Sim League. But if you guys think I should change it to BS Sim League that's fine by me - it's an easy fix anyway. 
that's fine with me, just didn't want them both to say NBA Sim League

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
and bosox theme is prolly the best it just needs a banner or at least s instead of z in sports. woooot.
i'll update it in the upcoming weeks

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think its a little redundant to have "___ News" and "___ Discussion" sub-forums. Since it is the news we discuss, I would suggest combining the two. Also don't think its necessary to have sub-forums just for player comparisons. I would suggest a sub-forum set up that was similar to ADFS's. 

Category: National Football League
Forum: General Discussion
Sub-forum: Gameday Threads
Sub-forum: Player Comparisons
Forum: AFC Discussion
Forum: NFC Discussion
Forum: NFL Draft

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
AE. said:
I think its a little redundant to have "___ News" and "___ Discussion" sub-forums. Since it is the news we discuss, I would suggest combining the two. Also don't think its necessary to have sub-forums just for player comparisons. I would suggest a sub-forum set up that was similar to ADFS's.
I second this!

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The news and discussion sections are the reason why we don't have conference or division forums. To avoid confusion as to where to post certain topics. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
The news and discussion sections are the reason why we don't have conference or division forums. To avoid confusion as to where to post certain topics. 

Like I said...we discuss the day's news. They're the exact same thing. 

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
How are conference forums confusing?

If it's a Jets article, it goes in AFC. Redskins, well that goes in NFC

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
No, the confusion was "Do I post this in the Discussion section or the AFC East section? WHat if there's a trade, which forum?" So we opted to go this route. 

Nothing is in stone though. We said at the time we would consider changing it again down the road. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Combining the news & general discussion does make sense, I just don't see a need for conference forums. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
No, the confusion was "Do I post this in the Discussion section or the AFC East section? WHat if there's a trade, which forum?" So we opted to go this route. 

Nothing is in stone though. We said at the time we would consider changing it again down the road. 

You guys need to make this place look and feel a little more like ADFS did or risk losing the crowd. 

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:

It's all good

I'm just used to it at ADFS lol

This site looks GREAT, don't get me wrong

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'll definitely discuss this with the staff. 

I understand the site needs to appeal to ADFS guys to a certain degree, but at the same time I want a layout that avoids all confusion and is the best possible layout going forward. If that means we need conference forums, then that's what we'll do. So we'll discuss it in the staff area. 

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:

You guys need to make this place look and feel a little more like ADFS did or risk losing the crowd. 

From what I saw, those sections weren't all that active on ADFS.  Most activity I noticed was in the Sim leagues and in the general forums of NFL, NBA, MLB, and so on, not the conferences.  That was our issue here to, that most of the team/conference forums were not active and most activity were in the general forums. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

From what I saw, those sections weren't active at all, more of the sim leagues and the NFL discussion sections.  

There were no Moderators driving discussion and members weren't interested in investing to a forum that was sold and pending a move. Your boy Brew Crew was promising a bunch of the more active members staff positions and then in typical Moneyman fashion.... nothing materialized. Some of these guys felt burned and I know a few who weren't going to get too dedicated to a forum willing to give him Admin powers.

I would like to see this merge work but I am extremely skeptical. For one, you guys promised ADFS an new site that would be a consolidation of their forum data and SI's. What they got was a straight up move to SI. This merge is a shot of adrenaline for SI but its only temporary if, like I said, changes aren't made to make the place look and feel more like ADFS did.

Now I love SI and would never want to see it go anywhere but SI has a niche that is "small-town, close knit" and not for everybody. We've seen communities migrate to SI in the past and they didn't stick around b/c the vibe just wasn't what they were used to. ADFS had a much different culture than SI does. It just not as simple as merging the two, dropping the "Z" for an "S", and slapping on a new skin. 

Again, I hope this works out, but if you guys don't move quick on some needed changes and a new look & feel to this domain....then you're going to lose what SI just gained. All it takes is somebody with the motivation, access to a vBulletin license, and Brew Crew's AIM buddy list to start up another RSL/ADFS-type of forum and recruit the sim leagues. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%