How Can We Improve SI?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And just a heads up, I will soon be releasing a new skin in which I think looks very clean and presentable

A quick preview for yall here:

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
all about da header

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Moved to the Suggestions & Feedback so it appears on the main page while also keeping the newer Announcements visible. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I've updated the first post with a list of ideas & who suggested them. I'll continue update as we add features, make changes, and decide whether or not to pursue certain ideas. 

I also went ahead and added some ideas from the past that were never implemented, or we did implement them but they lost steam after some time. 

Please feel free to continue to give us feedback on how we can improve the site. Right now my top priority is attracting new members to the site so we can increase activity. We have a pretty good NBA community here, but I'd like to increase that for MLB, NFL & NHL. If you guys have any ideas or suggestions on how we can go about bringing more members in, please post them in this topic. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The way the whole The Lounge forum looks still rubs me the wrong way. I don't want to impose my will on anybody, but here are the radical changes I'd do.

The Lounge
- SND
(- thought about incorporating some of the Front Office forums as suborums for the Lounge. Milestones, celebrations, board awards etc. all seem to fit)

Entertainment
- Movies
- TV Shows
- Music

Gaming (non sports gaming talk in the main forum)
- Sports Gaming (no need do differentiate between sports)
- Franchises and Stories

GFX Lounge (main forum for showing off your GFX. No more subforums for sigs and walls and LP's. We're not a GFX Forum. This would also serve as the place for your odd "discussion" topic. There aren't many so it wouldn't hurt that much)
- GFX-Pert (tourney forum, would be renamed to whatever is currently running)
- Galleries
- Resources
- Requests

This way we cut down on the GFX forums, but GFX'ers who want to join are still intrigued by an active GFX forum at the top of the page, as opposed to the very bottom.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I too would move the Lounge up one forum. Then just name that next forum "Entertainment" with Movies, Music, TV Shows, and Gaming

Then move the Entertainment forum to the bottom (We're a sports site first)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
We used to not have subforums for entertainment. If u wanted to talk about entertainment, you posted in the lounge. Thwb we added sections for entertainment. So why move entertainment away from the lounge? I just don't understand that.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Im on board with combining the gaming Forums in to one, and getting rid of the individual sports subforums for gaming.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
We used to not have subforums for entertainment. If u wanted to talk about entertainment, you posted in the lounge. Thwb we added sections for entertainment. So why move entertainment away from the lounge? I just don't understand that.
To me, the lounge belongs in that main forum. We have much more entertainment talk than we used to, hence the expansion of its forums. It's talked about enough here to where it could have its own section (it basically already has its own, it's just combined with the lounge)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well that's why I brought the entertainment out from behind the lounge forum. Instead of being a subforums it's now a forum.

But anyway, I'll discuss it with the other moderators abd wee what they think.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Bosox I feel like I would like your skin more if the text on the right for the most recent topic in a certain section and the person who posted it was normal size. It doesn't look right being small for me.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Bosox I feel like I would like your skin more if the text on the right for the most recent topic in a certain section and the person who posted it was normal size. It doesn't look right being small for me.
I think that was an error that I made by mistake. I upped the fontsize and it looks a lot better now

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
maybe have "gaming" and then sports gaming as a sub inside. i like what buzzy suggested for the gfx section too

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How come the lounge has a lounge? lol.
Edit: never mind I understand it, just think it's a little weird that the lounge is in the lounge, just thinking the sub-forum could be named something else? Like general discussion or something else more creative.

And the news and general discussion forums are kinda of confusing. I would assume I would post an article in the news sections as most articles tend to talk about news, but the description of the general discussion forums all say "articles" on them. I just don't understand it. 

I'm guessing the intention of general discussion is for like debatable topics like what team is the best in the league and that the purpose of the news section is literally just for news articles about stuff like injuries, trades, etc.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea I'm actually waiting for someone to come up with a clever name for the Lounge subforum. The Bar? Idk. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Rios said:
How come the lounge has a lounge? lol.
Edit: never mind I understand it, just think it's a little weird that the lounge is in the lounge, just thinking the sub-forum could be named something else? Like general discussion or something else more creative.

And the news and general discussion forums are kinda of confusing. I would assume I would post an article in the news sections as most articles tend to talk about news, but the description of the general discussion forums all say "articles" on them. I just don't understand it. 

I'm guessing the intention of general discussion is for like debatable topics like what team is the best in the league and that the purpose of the news section is literally just for news articles about stuff like injuries, trades, etc.

News would be like "Rose tore his knee" - General discussion articles would be an opinionated article, like "Michael Vick's Influence on Ben Roethlisberger" 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Or you could just keep it as "The Lounge" and move it into the top forum -____-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%