First Footage of Tebow 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't everyone?
Outside of water polo
Thanks for showing my point.. The Florida coaches should have done more to help Tebow become an NFL QB, but they didn't so now he's stuck changing it at the last minute right before his pro day.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Thanks for showing my point.. The Florida coaches should have done more to help Tebow become an NFL QB, but they didn't so now he's stuck changing it at the last minute right before his pro day.
It's not their job, what don't you understand.

They're there to win games in college. Not to prepare guys for the NFL.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not their job, what don't you understand.

They're there to win games in college. Not to prepare guys for the NFL.
They're suppose to do both.. Top recruits go to colleges expecting to make the NFL, and coaches are suppose to help them get there.

Mooche

Reaction score
I'm personally just in awe with Mel Kiper Jr. and how much he is just spot on about the NFL draft. Let's do a little check on his Mock Drafts from 05-08 and his calls on picks.

Mel Kiper Jr.

32 of 127

25.2%

Pretty damn solid to say the least. I mean, he only gets paid how much, to babble his mouth off and be wrong every year.

How about some more vintage Mel.

One of Kiper's most well known mistakes was when he stated that USC wide receiver Mike Williams would be the best player in his 2005 draft class, despite not having played football in over a year after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA. When ESPN analyst Merril Hoge disagreed, Kiper uttered the now infamous line, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction."

TTN2810

Reaction score
These players go to Colleges to get to the pro's as well.. not just win in college. There is a reason he is changing his throwing.. Because it wasn't going to work in the pros, and it's the only way he has a chance at becoming an NFL QB.
Very true, but Ii is not the colleges/coaches job to make sure they do well in the pros. They are not getting paid for that. They are getting paid to win NC's. If the player want's to go to the NFL, DONT GO TO A SPREAD OFFENSE. It's is that simple. Go to a PRO offense. And guess what Tebow did?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very true, but Ii is not the colleges/coaches job to make sure they do well in the pros. They are not getting paid for that. They are getting paid to win NC's.
Actually, they are.. If they don't put guys into the pros, they're not going to get top prospects. Obviously Florida has done a good job, and they're starting to put more guys into the pros, so they're getting the top recruits, but they did a bad job helping Tebow develop as an NFL QB.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm personally just in awe with Mel Kiper Jr. and how much he is just spot on about the NFL draft. Let's do a little check on his Mock Drafts from 05-08 and his calls on picks.

Mel Kiper Jr.

32 of 127

25.2%

Pretty damn solid to say the least. I mean, he only gets paid how much, to babble his mouth off and be wrong every year.

How about some more vintage Mel.
LMFAO
Owned. I hate that guy. He try's to be Jay Leno it seems to me when he talks.

Mooche

Reaction score
LMFAO
Owned. I hate that guy. He try's to be Jay Leno it seems to me when he talks.
Hey, you know, it's not that hard to tear apart on random guys who think they know the NFL Draft when all they do is listen to McShay and Kiper.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Very true. If you know the draft, you know QB's from Florida, Texas Tech, ect won't make it to the NFL. QB's who want to go to the NFL should know not to go there if they want the NFL, because those programs don't get you ready, and NFL teams don't want to take years to re-do you as a QB. They want someone who already know a pro syestem, who can drop back, and read a defense.

But however, Tebow could be an exception if he works very hard up to the draft and is willing to sit on the bench for a year or two, and larn even more. But like I said before, I expect a team to take a chance around 45-55.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how elcheato has repeated himself like 5 million times. Florida didnt properly prepare him for the NFL.

I think that Tim Tebow has the dedication and perseverance to make it in the NFL. Skill isnt as big of an issue when it comes to being a great NFL QB. There have been numerous QB's with weird throwing motions or ones that werent highly thought of coming out of college that have succeeded. Two that come to mind are Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers. Rivers has a weird throwing motion but he makes it work.

Marc Trestman who is currently working with his throwing motion has an impressive resume of working with QB's and making them highly successful under his tutelage. He has worked with Bernie Kosar, Steve Young, Jake Plummer, and Rich Gannon. All those QB's had their most successful years under him so its no coincidence that he knows what he's talking about. Now is Tebow going to be an NFL Star? Maybe, but I think its too early to know. Scouting is an unexact science and every college QB will have to develop some way or another advancing to the professional level.

I am definitely going to be rooting for him cuz he's a great guy and he puts winning above anything else and everyone would want that on his team with that amazing leadership and charisma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%