Fan tasered for running onto field during Phillies game

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/riCu3LJOgmk&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/riCu3LJOgmk&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Link

A lot of people are saying that tasering him was completely unnecessary. I'm not sure if I feel it should have or should have not been done. What do you guys think?

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
I think people might think twice before running onto the field now haha.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Haha for sure. I guess that article says that they are going to do an investigation to set whether they are allowed to use tasers or not for that.

LT56

Reaction score
How else would they have gotten him though? It looked like they tried chasing him down and tackling him, but that failed. The tasing was just a last resort.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
They have chased them down without tasers before, they can keep doing it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wouldn't tasered be tased? lol

But anyways, that wasn't necessary IMO. People have done this numerous times, and I don't remember any of them being tased for it.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
It goes both ways lol. But yeah, they have caught the people before by not tasering them, so why start doing that now?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, that is some damaging stuff. A bit too extreme.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stun guns can injure, tasers don't. He called his father to tell him and his dad told him it was a bad idea. So he does it. He was evading tackles, how else were they gonna do it?

Don't like it? Don't rush the field.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
17 year old kid who wasn't drinking or on drugs.<div><br></div><div>I read earlier that he called his dad to ask what he thought about him doing it and he told him it wasn't the smartest idea. But he did it anyways and look what happened. Honestly, I don't think he should have been tasered. It could have been handled in a less violent way</div>

VC15

Reaction score
Good that he got tasered. Who knows what this freak's intentions were?

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only he knows...but apparently if he called his dad just to ask him what he thought about the idea and then did it...I wouldn't think he was doing it with malicious intent...

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Lol. Because he ran on the field he is a freak?... What would he possibly want to do other than run on the field to run on the field?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
In this day and age, who knows what these freaks are going to do when they get on the field. What if he had a gun? Hes a moron for going on the field. If you want to go on the field, do it in college where this wont happen. The kid is evading those guys and he wouldve kept doing it if they didnt taser him.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In this day and age, who knows what these freaks are going to do when they get on the field. What if he had a gun? Hes a moron for going on the field. If you want to go on the field, do it in college where this wont happen. The kid is evading those guys and he wouldve kept doing it if they didnt taser him.
He didn't have a gun...

Obviously he succeeded in his goal by drawing some attention to himself. Thats all I see this as

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
He didn't have a gun...

Obviously he succeeded in his goal by drawing some attention to himself. Thats all I see this as
That's exactly what everyone who does that does it for. They're not freaks, or anything like that....

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This happened to epic beard man, you know.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Lmao yeah. He wouldn't get out of his seat so they tasered him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%