Statues of Rocky
Statues of the Philly Phanatic all around the city
Security tasering fans on the field

Philadelphia... what a freakin dump....

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both sides were dumb. You don't taser on an incident like this. And you don't run on the field.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol at thinking a young 17 year old kid could of had intentions of hurting somebody while running in circles...

Come on guys.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Lol at thinking a young 17 year old kid could of had intentions of hurting somebody while running in circles...

Come on guys.
Exactly what I am saying. They're calling him a freak and thinking he is going to try and molest the players or something...?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah obviously he is a stupid kid for doing this, but he didn't have any "bad intentions."
Nor did he deserve to be tased. There has been people bigger and older than him run the field and they didn't get tased for it.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Just as many said, he just wanted attention. I'm rather sure he wasn't going to harm anybody and I don't think tasering him was right but it wasn't the smartest move to run onto the field either, you never know what someones going to do. He accomplished what he wanted, he was on Sports Center.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
LOL.. I didn't see this until now

One day after a teenager was downed by a Taser when running onto the field at Citizen Bank Park, another fan run onto the field Tuesday night in Philadelphia.

This time, security did not use a Taser to apprehend the man, and he gave himself up without incident.

The man hopped over the left-field fence in the ninth inning and ran along the warning track waving his arms. The sellout crowd booed before he was taken away.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/05/youre-kidding-right-another-fan-runs-on-the-field-in-philadelphia/1

DMJ

Reaction score
Honestly I'm glad this mofo got tased...there needs to be a consequence for kids thinking they're hilarious for running onto the field

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Hahaha, so you think people should be tased for doing something as harmless as running on the field? If so that's messed up.

DMJ

Reaction score
Hahaha, so you think people should be tased for doing something as harmless as running on the field? If so that's messed up.
why is there any need to run on the field? and while i'm sure being tased sucks, it's not like you're really hurting them. the kid got up and walked away

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
why is there any need to run on the field? and while i'm sure being tased sucks, it's not like you're really hurting them. the kid got up and walked away
Just getting their money's worth

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
No you guys dont get it..... you guys are too naive to understand that people are ###### up and you dont know who is running out there on that field. And I'll prove it:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IG8nYtDkkqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IG8nYtDkkqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
No you guys dont get it..... you guys are too naive to understand that people are ###### up and you dont know who is running out there on that field. And I'll prove it:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IG8nYtDkkqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IG8nYtDkkqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
A 17 YR OLD???? Come on... He was running around in circles for sakes waving his Phillies towel or whatever it was, lol. He wasn't a harm but you never do know and that's what security is for, crazy people like that. They tasered the 17 yr old and then another guy ran onto the field last night and they didn't... I just don't think the security/cop whatever he was felt like chasing him so he stopped him the easier way....
It happens and you never do know with people, got to protect the players on the field. However, I don't look at it as a big deal, as long as it isn't harmful.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I understand a 17 year old can do just as much as anyone else but you get the point........ possibly

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Of all the people to be tasered in a situation like this...

There's been some serious weirdos on gamefields before, naked people, people trying to hug players...but this is the kid who is used to send a message? That's jacked the hell up but its Philadelphia and take it from somebody who lives in the area, nothing they do around here makes sense at all.

I am all for harsher penalties to those who do stupid sh_t like running across the field but a taser is a weapon and police/security should only be using weapons to neutralize a THREAT to the commonwealth. A goofy 17-year old punk waving a towel doesn't fall under that threat category.

BTW, a 34-year old man ran onto the field last night...and he wasn't tasered. Police discovered that he was intoxicated & narcotics were found in his pocket.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Of all the people to be tasered in a situation like this...

There's been some serious weirdos on gamefields before, naked people, people trying to hug players...but this is the kid who is used to send a message? That's jacked the hell up but its Philadelphia and take it from somebody who lives in the area, nothing they do around here makes sense at all.

I am all for harsher penalties to those who do stupid sh_t like running across the field but a taser is a weapon and police/security should only be using weapons to neutralize a THREAT to the commonwealth. A goofy 17-year old punk waving a towel doesn't fall under that threat category.

BTW, a 34-year old man ran onto the field last night...and he wasn't tasered. Police discovered that he was intoxicated & narcotics were found in his pocket.
yeah, people in Philadelphia are nuts and take <Censored> too seriously. I was listening to WFAN660 NY the other day and some lady, born in Philadelphia, who is a Mets fan, said a few weeks ago a waitress at a restaurant (phillies fan) refused to serve her because she was a Mets fan -- and thats not suspicion, the waitress waid that to her face.

i guess it was taking a while to get her meal, she asked the waitress why it was taking so long and the waitress said something like "Since when do Mets fans have any say?" idk, something like that. Made me hate that city and their fans that much more.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Its philly, wat do you expect? They even boo Santa Claus....

DMJ

Reaction score
Just to prove how dumb people in Philly are: the guy who ran onto the field last night had weed on him...did he think he was going to not get caught? If you're going to run onto the field, leave your drugs at home (or at least give 'em to me so they don;t go to waste!)

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
They taser a 17 yr old kid that meant no harm and they don't taser a 34 yr old that was intoxicated and had drugs in his possession... LOL WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%