David Price is Toronto Bound

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well you know what they say, if you're gonna go all in, don't half ass it.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yup.

We can be worried about prospects and stuff but when is the last time this team was actualy considered legitimate? lol. Besides prospects don't always pan out, and when they actually do, it'll be too late for the talent we have now. One thing is for sure is we know what we have right now is great. And there's no doubt that Price is one of the best in the game so we aren't trading for shit.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't necessarily like the Package they gave up despite Norris's struggles this year, but Jays haven't really had a legit ace since Roy Halladay (Stroman's been the closest, I guess). The last two months of baseball will be fun. 

Oiler35

Reaction score
snipezo said:
I don't necessarily like the Package they gave up despite Norris's struggles this year, but Jays haven't really had a legit ace since Roy Halladay (Stroman's been the closest, I guess). The last two months of baseball will be fun. 

And his "struggles" are being over-stated. His delivery and control is a work in progress. It was completely re-vamped. He went from Low-A to the MLB last season, which is virtually unheard of. His record in Buffalo was terrible, but his run support was an absolute joke, and the fielding behind him was terrible. His ERA was 4.27, which is up from the 3.18 it was the year before, but his FIP 3.57. He received less than 4 runs in more than 75% of his starts. 

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not saying he's a bust or anything, but his BB/K ratio in AAA is concerning at the very least. Having a 4BB/9 while only striking out 7.74/9 won't translate well to the major league level.

I wish him luck in Detroit, though. He was easily my favourite prospect to follow.  

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SG89. said:

And his "struggles" are being over-stated. His delivery and control is a work in progress. It was completely re-vamped. He went from Low-A to the MLB last season, which is virtually unheard of. His record in Buffalo was terrible, but his run support was an absolute joke, and the fielding behind him was terrible. 
let's not talk about win-loss records here. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
At the end of the day they are still the Blow Jays lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the deal cause of Norris. Don't know much about the other two though. I read somewhere that Norris (obviously) and Boyd will probably be in our starting rotation next season, so that makes me happy. 

Sad cause I bought a Price jersey though lol.

H-MYK

Reaction score
I'm really excited for the trade, we needed a pitcher and AA didn't let us down. The only thing about the trade that worries me is if the Jays don't make the playoffs, Price ends up walking and signs for a rival. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being negative, I just thought I say a concern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%