David Price is Toronto Bound

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rios said:

More-so a shot at Tampa Bay haha.
yea thats why i said his time here was short. florida fans in general suck. too many people who aren't from the state to care

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
yea thats why i said his time here was short. florida fans in general suck. too many people who aren't from the state to care

For real can't think of any Florida teams that have legitimate fans. Swear there's a lot of old people living there from what I hear.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Rios said:
Best run support, big market in the MLB (he's gonna get paid), and he hasn't played behind the best fan bases in his career. If we make the playoffs what else is really out there? Why are you so sure he won't resign is the better question in my opinion...
I agree about the run support, I just don't think that Toronto stacks up with the new yorks, LA's, etc. of the world. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't bolt to one of those places.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rios said:

For real can't think of any Florida teams that have legitimate fans. Swear there's a lot of old people living there from what I hear.
retirees mostly.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rogers will cheap out. He's not resigning.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I agree about the run support, I just don't think that Toronto stacks up with the new yorks, LA's, etc. of the world. I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't bolt to one of those places.
Money talks man, but like I said ownership won't pony up the money to get him to stay in Toronto.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think AA would make the trade without the confidence that they weren't going to fork the money over next season. And the payroll isn't even as high as last season's payroll, correct me if I'm wrong...

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No it will be roughly about the same. B

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rios said:

College football is the craze down there.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think AA realizes that this could be his final season if they don't make the playoffs this year, but you're right. This has been one of the most exciting teams the Jays have had in a while I suppose all you can do as a fan right now is enjoy the ride. At least he's managed to construct a solid core of JD, Tulo and Russ for the next 3-5 years or so. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He will sign where the money is its that simple

The only teams who will chase him are teams who will be good anyways

Could it be toronto? Sure. But its probably gonna cost 200m

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:

College football is the craze down there.
college teams arent the same as local teams.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you play in Canada don't you have to pay Canadian and American income taxes? I remember hearing something about that. 

And if money is his motive then that probably won't be too appealing.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You have to pay local tax anywhere you live if it's not in the same location you work, as well as the area you work

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
college teams arent the same as local teams.

I know, but that what they really love. All the their local teams suck, Tampa in general

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
You have to pay local tax anywhere you live if it's not in the same location you work, as well as the area you work
yea. ive had to pay double tax a lot. its dumb but yea

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All I can say is nothing is certain. Nothing says he is staying in Toronto, nor does anything say that he leaves. I'm confident he'd stay though as long as the situation is right here at the time (money aside because I'm sure the money we'll be thrown at him).

Oiler35

Reaction score
I doubt he stays. He'll test the waters for sure, and I'm not certain that Rogers will fork over the money necessary to keep him north of the border.

With that being said, I think this trade is ridiculous. I comprehend the Jays are in win-now mode. I understand they need an ace to be competitive. But you can't empty out the entire prospect base, especially for a rental. Hoffman (#2 prospect), Castro (#5 prospect), and Jesus Tinoco (#29 prospect) in the Tulo trade, and then Norris (#1 prospect), Boyd (#11 prospect) and Labourt (#19 prospect). Their top left-handed pitching prospect is currently in short-A baseball, and was a 15th round pick. You're putting a lot of trust in landing pitchers through free agency, and you're going to end up putting young players (Sanchez, Stroman, Osuna) in positions they may not be ready for in the short future. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%