Clippers to make Blake Griffin Max Offer?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you not turn that SA series on a single time?
He scored 20 in all but 1 game? It was also his first career playoff series.

But to answer your question, no I didn't. It was a terrible series and I don't like watching the Spurs.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He scored 20 in all but 1 game? It was also his first career playoff series.

But to answer your question, no I didn't. It was a terrible series and I don't like watching the Spurs.
Just because he scored 20 doesn't mean he had a good series. He struggled greatly and his inability to do anything aside from dunking the ball really hurt his teammates.

For example, San Antonio downed a ton of Griffins screens and left him standing wide open in hopes of containing Chris Paul off the dribble. The Clippers would run some big/small options and get Griffin to pass out to Paul and follow the ball to set a screen, but because Griffin truly isn't a threat or option they were able to force Chris Paul into either dribbling into the double (consisting of Griffin's man) or dump it into the post to a guy like Jordan, who also has no offensive game. And it was effective. If Griffin had any offensive game outside of dunking, that would have never worked and LAC's offense would have been much more efficient. Chris Paul didn't score 13 points on only 37% shooting because he just had a off series, he did it because SA didn't respect Griffin's offensive abilities outside of being underneath the basket.

Griffin will get his 20 every night just because he's so freakishly athletic and can run like a wing player, things like that. But just because he's getting 20 doesn't mean he isn't hurting the team because of the things he CAN'T do. This allows teams to trap/double/etc much more often than they could if Griffin was a threat in the post or from midrange.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But I'm saying, you can expect what you are going to get from Griffin almost every single game, 20 and 10 on a good shooting percentages anyways. Aside from rebounding, he did what he did during the regular season in that playoff series. You can't crucify him on one series against a superior team, and use that as a sample size as to why he isn't a great player.

55%, 21 points and 11 rebounds a game. Clearly numbers worthy of the max contract. He is only going to get better. He has only played two full season in the NBA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%