Chris Paul Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but he didnt get a hard cap, didnt get rid of sign and trades, and didnt get rid of the mle. he sucks... duh

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adding Bledsoe is too steep???? lol
In addition to everything else they're offering, yes.

You're missing the point. I'm saying that there comes a point where you realize that no one else is going to give you a better offer and you compromise by giving a little back. Be it not taking a player, giving one back, top 10 protecting the pick, etc.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
baggs always makes everything seem so simple. you da man

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but he didnt get a hard cap, didnt get rid of sign and trades, and didnt get rid of the mle. he sucks... duh
He couldn't of gotten those...we'd still be in a lockout....

In addition to everything else they're offering, yes.

You're missing the point. I'm saying that there comes a point where you realize that no one else is going to give you a better offer and you compromise by giving a little back. Be it not taking a player, giving one back, top 10 protecting the pick, etc.
If I had Paul i'd keep him for a while...look at the offers you get, no need to make a rash decision.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He couldn't of gotten those...we'd still be in a lockout....
thats the damn point. you missed why i said that i guess..

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay, hold on to him. The more you wait the less likely teams will want to trade with you. Just like the Lakers and Clippers pulled out.

In fact show us a better deal, from any of the other teams that are rumored to be interested, that is within the team's reason. For example, you can use Rondo from the Celtics because he's been involved in rumors but you can't include Bynum from the Lakers because they made it clear they weren't going to use him in this trade.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear how the media spins Dan Gilbert into this, this time.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay, hold on to him. The more you wait the less likely teams will want to trade with you. Just like the Lakers and Clippers pulled out.

In fact show us a better deal, from any of the other teams that are rumored to be interested, that is within the team's reason. For example, you can use Rondo from the Celtics because he's been involved in rumors but you can't include Bynum from the Lakers because they made it clear they weren't going to use him in this trade.
Thats so not true. lol

People want Paul??? Right???? Yes, they do. People will continue to make offers until one clicks...or sue the league to get one accepted.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if they see big time offers getting declined they wont be offering. its going to be so hard to top this offer. it offers youth for the future and money for the future while staying decent as a team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even though I think he's as credible as a 4 year old, Broussard made a good point on ESPN.. The only reason that makes sense would be the Hornets (Stern) won't accept a deal for Paul because they want to contract the team once he leaves via free agency.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obviously people want Paul. People want every star player. Doesn't mean they're going to give up their entire team for him.

We'll keep waiting. And if they get better value for Paul, I'll admit I'm wrong. Gonna be hard to top that offer though

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Stern is like the dumb GMs in our FBB league. Just because a team has other assets doesn't mean they need to give everything up. Fair value is fair value, doesn't matter what the team has left over or can afford to send.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
daldridgetnt David Aldridge
Clippers won't do Gordon and Minnesota's first; have told NO to pick one or the other. Hornets say they need both for their franchise player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%