Cable out as HC in Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cable had a .356 winning percentage while in Oakland. He goes 8-8 one year and he deserves a 2 year extension? I think not...
Think about what your saying Greg...now consider who we're talking about. This franchise has been terrible, a laughing stock of the league for so long. Bust after bust in the draft, losing season after losing season, a freaking carousel of coaches.

In 2 seasons, Tom Cable has this team playing competitive football again. Cable has this team disciplined and its showing. The Raiders are playing with a chip on their shoulder, younger guys are looking more like the players we thought they were, and c'mon...swept the division this year.

I don't know how you can support not bringing back Cable in favor of a guy who hasn't spent a day as head coach in NFL...much less no guarantee that he'll even be the guy to replace Tom.

Horrible, horrible move. You can look an 8-8 season as mediocre all you want but much like Al Davis...realize that your not going to land a new head coach and suddenly be 11-5 and heading into a first round of the 2011 NFL playoffs.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Cable had a .356 winning percentage while in Oakland. He goes 8-8 one year and he deserves a 2 year extension? I think not...
I would've just liked to see what he could do with another year under his belt. Hue may be the answer, I know speculation was arising that the Bengals were looking at him as Head Coach but obviously that didn't go through. What do you like about Hue that makes you believe he's the right choice for the Raiders? (If indeed he is the next Head Coach). I just know a lot of Raiders fans that aren't happy about it, guess a lot are happy about it as well.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
One thing that isn't good - The players were believing in him as Head Coach. A lot of the Oakland players aren't happy at all with Al Davis making this move. That's never good when you got players not believing in what their own owner is doing. I wonder where it goes from here, Tom was a well respected guy by the players. Why ruin that? Give it another year.

Ace Shap

Reaction score
Being 8-8 with the Raiders is like being 16-0 with the Patriots. Can't believe they fired him.

Barcode

Reaction score
Bill Callahan 2002–2003
Norv Turner 2004–2005
Art Shell 2006
Lane Kiffin 2007–2008
Tom Cable 2008–2010

A new coach in 2011 makes 6 in 9 years, almost as pathetic as Dan Snyder. Al Davis is crazy, best wishes Raiders fans.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It's an improvement still. Any moron can see that. It's too difficult to turn a disaster of a team around that quickly.

This team is a joke. So what if he struggled as the coach out the gate? It was their FIRST season 8-8 or higher since 2002. This organization is a joke... an absolute joke -- and anybody who stands by this firing, after the improvement this man made and the support he had from his players, is fucking ignorant.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His look fit with Oakland so well.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck about Shane Lechler? hahahah You punt a football you pussy.
Year after year, he's the only guarantee Oakland has that a Raider will end up in the Pro Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%