Cable out as HC in Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
via Adam Schefters twitter:

Filed to ESPN: Raiders informed Tom Cable they will not pick up the option in his contract. He no longer is the Raiders head coach.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I didn't think they would get rid of him to be honest, at least not for 2011. Never know with them I guess, wonder who they are looking at for head coach. Maybe Hue Jackson the offensive coordinator will get promoted?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmm...8-8 finish, finally looking a team that has talent on the roster, most of their games were competitive. Not understanding this move...but as always, Al Fucking Davis.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Hmmm...8-8 finish, finally looking a team that has talent on the roster, most of their games were competitive. Not understanding this move...but as always, Al Fucking Davis.
not to mention they finished with a perfect division record

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, other coaches who kept their jobs were more deserving of the can.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Looks like Al Davis wants to blow a top-10 2012 draft pick on another bust player.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also baffled with this firing. Cable seemed to have great control of that team this season..

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also baffled with this firing. Cable seemed to have great control of that team this season..
Oh yeah. Knockin' out his asst. coaches left and right. It felt good to see an NFL team ruled under an iron fist.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I didn't see anything I liked in Cable to begin with, as a HC anyways. Well, I guess knowing he can beat his assistants in a fight is something, but I don't know how that helps the team. Not surprised with 1. The number of coaches that have gone already and 2. Al Davis

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They hired Hue Jackson with the idea that they wouldn't pick up the 2 year option on Cable, so I'm guessing he gets the job. Unless Harbaugh comes back to Oakland. Him and Al Davis are pretty close.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
They hired Hue Jackson with the idea that they wouldn't pick up the 2 year option on Cable, so I'm guessing he gets the job. Unless Harbaugh comes back to Oakland. Him and Al Davis are pretty close.
Good chance it will be Hue Jackson. He's been good at what he's done throughout the years. He'll most likely get promoted, no way do I see Jim Harbaugh going to Oakland.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL....Al Davis with his own banhammer:

Punter Shane Lechler has played for the Raiders since 2000. He has seen plenty of coaches come and go. And he disagrees with the decision to send current coach Tom Cable packing.

In an interview with CSN Bay Area, Lechler called the decision a “huge setback” for the team, and he said that free agents like offensive lineman Robert Gallery and running back Michael Bush won’t want to return.

“I can’t go through another head coach,” Lechler said. Since Lechler joined the Raiders, the team has had six head coaches: Jon Gruden, Bill Callahan, Norv Turner, Art Shell, Lane Kiffin, and Cable.

Lechler said that Cable brought a “no-nonsense” approach, which Lechler regarded as “awesome” and “exactly what we need.”

As to Cable’s departure, Lechler said, “I’m not so sure this isn’t a terrible decision.” -PFT
AND THEN....

On Wednesday, the Raiders signed punter Glenn Pakulak. The team announced the move on its website.

We doubt that it’s a coincidence.

Lechler, a Raiders since 2000, is signed through 2012. Pakulak spent eight games with the Saints in 2008, and two with the Redskins in 2009. -PFT
What a disaster...and just when things were looking up in Oakland again.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Al Davis strikes in more ways than one, sucks for Oakland fans, especially when the future was looking brighter.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck about Shane Lechler? hahahah You punt a football you pussy.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
DMC 20 > Bush anyways.

Also I love this move now maybe the raiders to the playoffs with Hue.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone could question Al Davis replacing Cable with Jackson. Great move. Since when does the media even talk to the fucking punter? What a joke haha

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone could question Al Davis replacing Cable with Jackson. Great move. Since when does the media even talk to the fucking punter? What a joke haha
The Raiders were improving (A little bit) and were 6-0 in their respective division, that's hard to do. Now they are bringing in a guy that's a great offensive coordinator/Wide receivers coach, however just because he's good at them positions doesn't instantly mean he's going to be the right choice for the Raiders head coaching job. Time will tell, if that whose the next coach. He just hasn't shown what he can do as head coach, it may be great things, and then it may not be what you expect.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cable had a .356 winning percentage while in Oakland. He goes 8-8 one year and he deserves a 2 year extension? I think not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%