Bibby Bought Out; Carlos Waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wizards also got back veterans Mike Bibby and Maurice Evans in the trade for Hinrich. Bibby, who has played 13 seasons in Vancouver, Sacramento and Atlanta, is signed through next season and is expected to play a similar role as Hinrich for Wall.

"I hope he can teach me the same thing Kirk did and maybe a little more," Wall said of Bibby.

But according to multiple league sources, Bibby was upset over leaving a playoff team in Atlanta to join a lottery squad in Washington. He told those close to him that he was considering the possibility of seeking a contract buyout. Last season, Zydrunas Ilgauskas refused to play for the Wizards after he arrived in the Jamison trade. Ilgauskas gave back $1.5 million or his remaining salary to return to the Cavaliers for an ill-fated championship run.

The topic has not been discussed with Bibby's agent, David Falk, but two league sources said Bibby would have to make a huge sacrifice of what's left of the $5.8 million he is owed this season, and the $6.4 million he will receive next season. Since that appears doubtful, Bibby is expected to be in uniform when the new, new-look Wizards make their debut in Miami on Friday.

"I think it's unlikely something like that would happen," Grunfeld said of a buyout. "I never shut the door on anybody talking to us."

Bibby joined the team in Miami on Thursday and Falk said he doesn't expect his client to be a problem with only six weeks left in the regular season. "I told them, Mike's a really good person. He's not a complainer. He's an excellent guy, and he's going to come in and be a professional. You have to make the best of the hand we're dealt. He will. I'm not going to lie and say it's an ideal situation; it's not. An ideal situation would be on a playoff team. But it's a new era for me. I'm good friends with Ted, I'm good friends with Ernie, but we're going to make the best of it for the rest of the season and evaluate the future in the summer."
Via Washington Post

Interesting..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's on his way to Miami if he is bought-out.
Maybe to Boston as a backup.

Can't really see any other team go after him/need him.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Don't need him in Miami, Mario Chalmers is better

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heat would feel much more comfortable with a veteran at the point in the playoffs than Chalmers.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
I agree with Rip's post from just now. The Heat could definitely use Bibby in the playoffs. Chalmers is better (if you wanna believe that), but I think the vet would have more composure in the post-season when push comes to shove.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Bibby is terrible defensively and Chalmers is putting up numbers nearly as good as Bibby in less minutes

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bibby isn't a terrible defender..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He doesn't even have to start.
If they aren't confident in Chalmers for playoffs, he will.
But Arroyo and Chalmers going into the playoffs is not something to be not worried bout lol.
Bibby would help out.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Adding an inferior player doesn't help lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Veteran leadership at PG with something left in the tank does.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
We don't need any veteran leadership, our team is full of veterans, dude wouldn't be a leader in any way

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
just putting in my 2 cents. Outside of Haslem and slightly Dampier, most of the vets in MIA are scrubs.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Chalmers over Bibby. Chalmers is young and improving. Bibby is old and de-proving.

But I still see the Heat/Celtics and probably some other playoff teams going for him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Veteran leadership at PG with something left in the tank does.
have you watched him? he's horrible
im sorry my man. you're sounding crazy
"he's not that bad defensively"
lol

i'd rather start DFish than him :eek:
and DFish should be retired

the one thing he can still do well however, shoot the 3.
but i wouldnt want him. miami doesnt need him, boston is better off with Delonte

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, alright.
If he is bought out and does go to a contender, you can tell them they are crazy too.

SMH, some people.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he'll end up on a contending team. he isnt as bad as everyone makes him sound, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%