Best Players By Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
C: Mauer
1B: Pujols
2B: Uggla ( I don't know why I think this )
3B: A-Rod ( Not a biased pick, just believe that this guy is amazing )
SS: Tulo ( I wanna pick Hanley, but I like Tulo just a little more. Ask people that I used to be in middle school with, I always had to argue who the best SS was out of A-Rod ; we made an exception because he used to play short ; Jose Reyes and Tulo/H2R for me )
LF: CarGo
CF: Hamilton
RF: Ichiro
DH: wanna say Big Papi, but I can't so I have to go with Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes ( Vladdy )

SP(RHP): Lincecum ( love this guy, no homo )
SP(LHP): CC ( lmao, biased pick. I will admit that. I think Cliff Lee gets way too much hype and when CC is on, He's on )
Setup Man: Possibly Rafael Soriano, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Closer: Sandman ( I know, but you can't dare to tell me this one is biased )

EDIT be grateful I didn't put Teix on there, because he's my favorite player lmao

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
C: Mauer
1B: Pujols
2B: Uggla ( I don't know why I think this )
3B: A-Rod ( Not a biased pick, just believe that this guy is amazing )
SS: Tulo ( I wanna pick Hanley, but I like Tulo just a little more. Ask people that I used to be in middle school with, I always had to argue who the best SS was out of A-Rod ; we made an exception because he used to play short ; Jose Reyes and Tulo/H2R for me )
LF: CarGo
CF: Hamilton
DH: wanna say Big Papi, but I can't so I have to go with Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes ( Vladdy )

SP(RHP): Lincecum ( love this guy, no homo )
SP(LHP): CC ( lmao, biased pick. I will admit that. I think Cliff Lee gets way too much hype and when CC is on, He's on )
Setup Man: Possibly Rafael Soriano, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Closer: Sandman ( I know, but you can't dare to tell me this one is biased )

EDIT be grateful I didn't put Teix on there, because he's my favorite player lmao
Yep, Cliff Lee gets too much hype because he didn't sign with your favorite team. 100% guaranteed you would not be saying that if he signed with New York. Best lefty in Baseball, and best clutch pitcher.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
C: Joe Mauer
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
LF: Josh Hamilton
CF: Vernon Wells (i'm gonna hear shit for this one and the next, I just know it)
RF: Jose Bautista
DH: Vladimir Guerrero

SP(RHP): Felix Hernandez
SP(LHP): Jon Lester
Setup Man: Well technically now, Rafael Soriano.
Closer: Neftali Feliz (yeah, already)

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Neftali Feliz is nowhere near being the best closer in the MLB, he wouldn't even make my top 5.

Vernon Wells is definitely not the best CF and Jose Bautista is in no way, shape, or form the best RF in the league. He's had one good season and he'll probably came back down to earth this season, and hard.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CF: Vernon Wells (i'm gonna hear shit for this one and the next, I just know it)
Rerally gmf? Honestly I could name a couple of players that are better than him. He doesnt get on base that much and he's not avery good opposite field hitter. He also lost some range in CF which is why Halos are most likely gonna move him the left. I like V-Dub and all but he isn't the best CF in the game.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Neftali Feliz is nowhere near being the best closer in the MLB, he wouldn't even make my top 5.

Vernon Wells is definitely not the best CF and Jose Bautista is in no way, shape, or form the best RF in the league. He's had one good season and he'll probably came back down to earth this season, and hard.
Not sure why.

For a rookie, damn good stats. 40 saves, 2.73 ERA, 0.880 WHIP. I'll take a young arm like that any day of the week. I'm counting age a lot in this.

Vernon Wells I knew I was gonna take shit for that one as well as Bautista. I'm basing a lot of my choices on 2010 stats, and you can't argue Bautista was a beast this year. His OBP was even better than Ichiro's.

I liked Wells this year. He's a solid defender -- certainly not what he used to be, but I like him nonetheless. 31 Homers, SLG over .500, was 10th in the MLB in Doubles

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I find it silly to factor age into this. If we're talking about the best at each position in 5 years you'd have a point, but I don't see the relevance in this instance.

I'd rather have Wilson, Mo, Soria, Heath Bell, Broxton (if he turns it around this year, Torre ridiculously overused him and it showed last season) and probably a few other guys over Feliz.

Closer isn't the spot you really want youth in, I'd rather have a veteran closing out games, especially if they have big game experience.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well no I'm saying age because of older players more prone to decline in production.

I shoulda put Mo in the spot. I originally had him but for some odd reason I thought "Eh, I'll take a gamble on Feliz".

Idk, maybe its the cold medicine kicking in ;)

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Robinson Cano
LF: Josh Hamilton
RF: Jose Bautista
DH: Vladimir Guerrero

SP(LHP): Jon Lester
Setup Man: Well technically now, Rafael Soriano.
Closer: Neftali Feliz (yeah, already)
SMFH...... No David Wright....

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Longo and Zim are better than Wright.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Meh personally I would take Wright over Zimmerman, but Longoria is the best third baseman in the game in my opinion.

ryanmg

Reaction score
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Chase Utley
LF: Ryan Braun
CF: Josh Hamilton
DH: Beltre/Young

SP(LHP): Cliff Lee
Setup Man: Rafael Soriano
Closer: Joakim Soria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%