Austin Collie hit.

Was this hit leagal, or not?

• Yes, he had two feet down.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, it was clearly a helmet to helmet hit.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I am a homer. Hit was bad but legal.

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
I heard the announcers and I choose not to allow them to influence and overrule my own 2 eyes. Collie was pancaked, which hurts like hell, but I don't think he went out until his melon bounced off the ground. His head bounced like a basketball off the surface...definitely more of an impact than knocking into Coleman's helmet during the hit.
Truthfully, neither you or the announcers know what happened. I don't think there is any need to try and act like experts on when he got KO'd.. The damage was done either way.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^ You bypassed the sarcasm of my post.

Eagles defensive back Kurt Coleman will not be punished for his hit on Colts wideout Austin Collie.

"Because Collie's helmet-to-helmet contact was a result of being driven toward a defender from a prior hit, there's no fine for this action," Jason La Canfora of NFL Network said. -PFT
There you have it, the NFL sees it the same exact why I do.

Nick Collins was fined $50K for his hit last night tho.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol look at that screenshot. His head is clearly pointed right at Collie's helmet. Now what are some explanations for his helmet pointing right at Collie's helmet???

His head is also not turned to the left, if you watch the replay, his facemask is right on Collie's helmet.

lol the helmets smack into each other to, there was no "grazing". How would he get knocked out on a "graze."
HIS BODY IS LEANING SHOULDER IN FIRST!!!

im just... i need to stop arguing it -- if you can't see it now, you never will.... and if I keep trying I'm gonna have a friggin aneurysm

Oiler35

Reaction score
Never made helmet to helmet? What game were you watching.. It was pretty obvious there was helmet to helmet contact.
Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.

11 members have voted, theres 27 votes.
Typical SG.
I'm not the one that changed the poll you dumb<Censored>.

Oiler35

Reaction score
They were talking about that during the game, all the announcers agreed that they thought he went out before he hit the ground, and I agree with them.

I wouldn't argue this as much, but I feel it was a helmet to helmet hit, even though it was unintentional.
His arms were already up (the first and foremost sign of being KO'd) as soon as #42 made helmet-to-helmet contact.

I heard the announcers and I choose not to allow them to influence and overrule my own 2 eyes. Collie was pancaked, which hurts like hell, but I don't think he went out until his melon bounced off the ground. His head bounced like a basketball off the surface...definitely more of an impact than knocking into Coleman's helmet during the hit.
See above.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His arms were already up (the first and foremost sign of being KO'd) as soon as #42 made helmet-to-helmet contact.

See above.
Stop being a homer Sam. Austin Collie got pancaked and then his head bounced a f'ing foot off the ground. You can say Collie's arm were or weren't already locked before he went down...but that doesn't matter. The helmet to helmet contact was incidental.

If the NFL, of all people, saw no problem with the hit...then you know it was clean.

Brett Favre to Austin Collie: "Welcome to my world p*ssy!"

Oiler35

Reaction score
Stop being a homer Sam. Austin Collie got pancaked and then his head bounced a f'ing foot off the ground. You can say Collie's arm were or weren't already locked before he went down...but that doesn't matter. The helmet to helmet contact was incidental.

If the NFL, of all people, saw no problem with the hit...then you know it was clean.

Brett Favre to Austin Collie: "Welcome to my world p*ssy!"
He's out before he touches the ground, and the bang gave him the concussion. Incidental or not, it's a helmet to helmet hit.

Bro, Collie is from the ghetto of Canada (we call it Hamilton) and Favre is from..... Mississippi.

Reaction score
He's out before he touches the ground, and the bang gave him the concussion. Incidental or not, it's a helmet to helmet hit.

Bro, Collie is from the ghetto of Canada (we call it Hamilton) and Favre is from..... Mississippi.
Canada ain't ghetto compared to the US. The hit was clean come on bro don't be biased I'm a Colts fan saying that.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

You do understand that 2 helmets touching while a tackle is being made isn't illegal?

Incidental vs. Intentional

Coleman's helmet to helmet contact with Collie was incidental, the NFL viewed it as incidental, and you have no leg to stand on in this argument. Collie got rocked, it happens, this...is....football.

Come see North Philly and I'll drop you off in what truly is a ghetto.

Reaction score
You do understand that 2 helmets touching while a tackle is being made isn't illegal?

Incidental vs. Intentional

Coleman's helmet to helmet contact with Collie was incidental, the NFL viewed it as incidental, and you have no leg to stand on in this argument. Collie got rocked, it happens, this...is....football.

Come see North Philly and I'll drop you off in what truly is a ghetto.
Thank you.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Obviously for Canada, these are Ghetto areas.

We aren't used to what Americans see.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obviously for Canada, these are Ghetto areas.

We aren't used to what Americans see.
I've been to Vancouver, I've seen Canadian sh*tholes. But what's Austin Collie being from some trailer park have anything to do with this conversation?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i can take all of you to the real ghetto and its called south west detroit.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i can take all of you to the real ghetto and its called south west detroit.
I'll put North Philly up against SW Detroit any day Pugz.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Sam is exaggerating, Collie did not grow up in that bad of an area. Some nice places in Hamilton.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
considering detroit was the murder capital for years, id take that bet. either way, our ghettos>canadas

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah for sure, not disagreeing.

Canada does have some sketchy places though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
every place in the world does. some are really bad and dont even get talked about too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%