AL Central Discussion

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I will say that if the Royals were ever going to stop being an annual disappointment that doesn't live up to March projections, this could be the year.  They should have a couple superstars.  Hosmer was pretty sweet last season and looks like a guy who can have an extremely productive career.  Jamie Shields is a beast and is better than anything the Royals have had for an ace since Zack Greinke, and Shields is better than anything Grienke did sans Greinke's Cy Young season.

See there I go also falling into the Royals trap!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shields isnt better than greinke

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
You're not about to do a Bleacher Creature type thing on me are you?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zack has always been better

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm sitting here thinking to myself why I think they're going to be good after I said they can't replace Santana's production and that I think Shields is overrated.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good offense

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Zack has always been better

I'm guessing you have proof.  Like how I have proof that cookies and cream ice cream is better than mint chocolate chip.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nothing spectacular. Could argue the Indians & the Tigers have better lineups, to go with their vastly superior rotations.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Royals can overcome their front office that'd be the biggest victory of all lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
I'm guessing you have proof.  Like how I have proof that cookies and cream ice cream is better than mint chocolate chip.
fangraphs.com

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watching both Greinke is better than Shields but Shields is better at leading and helping a pitching staff because he is more consistent plus he helps the younger guys. I will love Greinke though he was so awkward and snarky and still is I miss him.

Our offense will be okay I think it has a lot of question marks. I think Hosmer will be Hosmer. Moustakas is either boom or bust anything would be better than last year and he has been a monster in spring training but that isn't saying much but if he can do just a little bit of what he was projected to do it will help. If Gordon can be Gordon and not slump like he did in the 2nd half last year that would be good. Butler is what annoyed me last year the most dude like lost all his power and that is all a DH is good for.

Really though they are a team built on having an elite defense and bullpen. We have two young stud pitchers who could be huge this year Ventura and Zimmer. Ventura is probably going to be the #5 starter at the start of the year. Vargas sucks though but we'll see. Tigers are still the Tigers and the Indians are always scary because they have one of the best managers in baseball.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Two long term injuries to starters before the season starts is pretty cool.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

but its not.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should of kept avisail who took kershaw deep today

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Tigers need to sign Stephen Drew.  He's a Scott Boras guy so the Tigers have definitely been contacted about him.  This is where we find out of Ilitch's kid gives a shit about his dad's baseball team or if he just wants to pinch pennies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jose has stress fractures in both shins

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yorando Ventura might make losing Ervin Santana an afterthought he has been dominating in spring training and is going to start in the rotation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%