Adam Vinatieri

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zig you are seriously the biggest lier when it comes to sports <Censored>... You can't make 40 yard field goals... There's no way you ran a 4.8 in jeans and vans and aren't being recruited by some college... And aren't you a .750 hitter in baseball also?

http://www.scout.com/search.aspx?siteSearc...p;y=0&s=143
Are you retarded? It's called being athletic. I haven't played organized football in 2 years, why would I be getting recruited? Yes, I've hit something like .750 in a season against varsity teams. But remember, when I was talking about this, I kept repeating it was WINTERBALL. Although, I did face a couple of the best pitchers in the area, and I think I hit .400 off them. Last year I didn't go out for the team because guess what, the roster is set from the year before at my school. The year before I wasn't on the team because of a partially torn tendon in my elbow, and then they decided no Ian anymore. I live in a rich community, and the politics in sports at my school are HUGE. Not trying to make excuses or anything. I could get a baseball scholarship without playing high school baseball probably to a NAIA or Div 2 school. If you haven't noticed, I don't have a great work ethic, which is also probably another reason I'm not playing high school sports.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're a <Censored>ing <Censored>. Dude any kid who can run a 4.8 in street clothes should be getting recruited to a college, either as a sprinter or a football player, or even somebody like a Joey Gathright.

Being athletic does not mean that you can kick 40 yard field goals. People get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to kick them.

Running a 4.8 in street clothes is not being athletic. I'm sure you can be fast without being a great athlete, but 4.8? To get anything under 5 you need to have some explosiveness, which means you more than likely have experience running the 40...

In the 2006 NFL Combine Marques Colston ran a 4.55 40. If you were in cleats and some better clothes you could've ran a 4.7 or 4.6... With some training in high school, you'd get under 4.5 or 4.4.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who cares...about all this nonsense...this was about Vintatieri, not Zig.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're a <Censored>ing <Censored>. Dude any kid who can run a 4.8 in street clothes should be getting recruited to a college, either as a sprinter or a football player, or even somebody like a Joey Gathright.

Being athletic does not mean that you can kick 40 yard field goals. People get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to kick them.

Running a 4.8 in street clothes is not being athletic. I'm sure you can be fast without being a great athlete, but 4.8? To get anything under 5 you need to have some explosiveness, which means you more than likely have experience running the 40...

In the 2006 NFL Combine Marques Colston ran a 4.55 40. If you were in cleats and some better clothes you could've ran a 4.7 or 4.6... With some training in high school, you'd get under 4.5 or 4.4.
Yeah so? I'm talking about hand-timed 40s, don't bring a combine run into this. If you're going to do that, you add .24 to the hand-timed. And Eric, there's kids at my school running 4.5s that are in the 1000 lb club who aren't getting recruited because ZOMG they are athletes not football players. Our kicker last year could hit 50 yard field goals on a consistent basis, why would they recruit some kid who can hit a 40 yarder sometimes when they don't even wants someone kicking 50s?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
on to the topic at hand...he missed another

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What High School do you go to Zig? What state?

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Granite Bay High School in CA

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Granite Bay High School in CA
Never heard of it. Just wondering b/c your really making yourself look arrogant here. Your basically bragging about these amazing athletic feats you are capable of & aparently they come really easy. I seriously doubt you could run that fast in jeans & I seriously doubt you could pull any athletic scholarship w/o playing any High School sports. I played Football & Baseball all through my years at a pretty prestigious High School in NY. I was a great defensive player at Football, we won a State Title, I was all-county twice, and all-greater Rochester my senior year. I hit over .300 both my junior and senior year's of Baseball & I was an outstanding third baseman. All that being said, I put together highlight tapes, had my coaches contact D3 schools and even I couldn't do any better than a partial academic scholarship to a SUNY School.

I mean I dont care how "rich" your neighborhood is, what does that prove as far as athletics is concerned? California is loaded with collegiate talent at 5A & above High Schools that are known at the National level (Long Beach Poly, De La Salle)....so why is it that some kid who aparently doesn't play any High School sports & runs 4.8 in jeans can go out and get a scholarship at any D2 school? Your full of it dude. I dont know you personally but I have met a lot of people that like to talk themselves up. They are called compulsive liars & you fit the bill. I bet you have a really fast car & a couple of motorcycles too...right?

I looked up Granite Bay High School also. I couldn't find sh*t about your athletic programs but aparently your school has an excellent Color Guard & choir. Not bad for a school that was established just 10 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granite_Bay_High_School

Click the links below to see the truth about where Mysterio comes from, Webster High School in Webster, New York.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_%28to...ports_Community
http://www.section4football.com/stateplayoffs/#1999

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Just wondering b/c your really making yourself look arrogant here. Your basically bragging about these amazing athletic feats you are capable of & aparently they come really easy. I seriously doubt you could run that fast in jeans & I seriously doubt you could pull any athletic scholarship w/o playing any High School sports. I played Football & Baseball all through my years at a pretty prestigious High School in NY. I was a great defensive player at Football, we won a State Title, I was all-county twice, and all-greater Rochester my senior year. I hit over .300 both my junior and senior year's of Baseball & I was an outstanding third baseman. All that being said, I put together highlight tapes, had my coaches contact D3 schools and even I couldn't do any better than a partial academic scholarship to a SUNY School.

I mean I dont care how "rich" your neighborhood is, what does that prove as far as athletics is concerned? California is loaded with collegiate talent at 5A & above High Schools that are known at the National level (Long Beach Poly, De La Salle)....so why is it that some kid who aparently doesn't play any High School sports & runs 4.8 in jeans can go out and get a scholarship at any D2 school? Your full of it dude. I dont know you personally but I have met a lot of people that like to talk themselves up. They are called compulsive liars & you fit the bill. I bet you have a really fast car & a couple of motorcycles too...right?

I looked up Granite Bay High School also. I couldn't find sh*t about your athletic programs but aparently your school has an excellent Color Guard & choir. Not bad for a school that was established just 10 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granite_Bay_High_School

Click the links below to see the truth about where Mysterio comes from, Webster High School in Webster, New York.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_%28to...ports_Community
http://www.section4football.com/stateplayoffs/#1999
Richness doesn't affect sports? Yeah, open your eyes, my friends have gone through not starting because another guy has donated more money. And yes you can get a scholarship without playing high school ball, it's called I PLAY ON A TRAVEL TEAM. We play in tournaments throughout the nation and next year in Puerto Rico and Japan too. And yes, I do run that fast in jeans.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Richness doesn't affect sports? Yeah, open your eyes, my friends have gone through not starting because another guy has donated more money. And yes you can get a scholarship without playing high school ball, it's called I PLAY ON A TRAVEL TEAM. We play in tournaments throughout the nation and next year in Puerto Rico and Japan too. And yes, I do run that fast in jeans.
I agree with the richness point. And travel team. Just look at renardo sidney this is a guy who didn't even play basketball at his hs his freshman year. And he was still the number 1 ranked player for his grade threw AAU.I got your back zig on this one.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay...then give me a list of all the "wealthy" 5-star recruits coming into either of the 4 major collegiate sports in 2008. If either of you actually had the time (or a point), I guarantee the middle-low income athletes would take up most of the list.

Make sure you scan that D2 acceptance letter when you get it Zig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%