2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you guys know khris davis has the yips?

No wonder he's always DHing when I see Oakland

His throws are really sad. He couldn't even reach 3rd from short left

Edit:

https://twitter.com/gbaumgaertner/status/983921001057669120?s=19

Poor khris

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

This team is somehow currently over .500

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:

This team is somehow currently over .500
the al dodgers

Before last night we had 4 homers all season

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel the same about Arizona

They're relying on Chris Owings and Nick Ahmed who are delivering

Smh

But Bradley and boxberger are good at the end if they have a lead. They might burn out though

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
No idea how the Mets are this good..
They have the pitching... I've been saying it all along since day 1.  They have decent bats too, but it's the pitchers.  Even if their pitchers aren't top notch, at least 4 out of the 5 have serious talent.

Red Sox and Yankees were interesting.  Thought the game was over for us in the beginning, but we managed to fight back only three runs short and start a brawl... team looking much better offensively this year and I like it.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I feel the same about Arizona

They're relying on Chris Owings and Nick Ahmed who are delivering

Smh

But Bradley and boxberger are good at the end if they have a lead. They might burn out though
Arizona I get that, but they are playing really good ball right now.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
No idea how the Mets are this good..
Its 11 games.

But I will say this: they have a strong bullpen. They have strong arms in the outfield and a good infield defense. Theyve been very aggressive on the bases too. Lastly, a nice mixture of young and veteran talent in the lineup, the young guys being Rosario, Conforto, Nimmo, Plawecki (who is meh) and then the veterans like Bruce, Cabrera, A-Gon and Frazier.

They're not young, they're not old - they got a nice balance. But I dont expect them to sustain this. They'll come back down to earth. Someone will injure a quad.

catman

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Tyler Austin is a bitch
10 years ago, the slide would have been no big deal.  Today, it was a sort of dirty slide.  If I can give the Red Sox hitters some advice -- Don't dig in too much tonight.  Stay loose in the batters' box.

catman

Reaction score
Joe Mauer got his 2000th hit for the Twins tonight and Berrios pitched a nice game against the White Sox as the Twins shut them out 4-0.

brett05

Reaction score
catman said:
Joe Mauer got his 2000th hit for the Twins tonight and Berrios pitched a nice game against the White Sox as the Twins shut them out 4-0.
Berrios is the next big thing if he's not there already for starting pitchers

catman

Reaction score
I saw Berrios pitch his first game in the Midwest League a few years back.  He was dominant there also.  It was obvious that he was going to make it to the majors.

CoachAF

Reaction score
catman said:

A buddy of mine (From ND) said the other night as the Twins were playing the Astros that Joe Mauer is a lock for the HoF. It didnt sound right, but I guess he could make it? My main contention was with the word lock. I think Twins fans have a reverence of im b/c of how great he was AND the fact that he is a hometown kid. Last year was a solid bounceback year for him, and i think he needs a couple more. Is he a catcher or a 1B at that point? It's an interesting case. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hilarious to me that mlb suspended yankee and red sox players immediately but STILL havent done anything for nolan arenado

East coast bias is strong

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see how others see the Mets as not being good. Look at that rotation when healthy.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Let's not overreact here. It's been a 2 week stretch in a season that is 6 months long so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%