2017 NFL Gameday Thread

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
This. Can't discount that replay guy in NYC either. He's a wild card and a loose cannon.

Al Riveron really is a wild card. He seems to change his mind on certain rules on a weekly basis, and the NFL would improve its replay system drastically if it fired him, even right now, and put somebody in his place temporarily. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The homefield advantage in Minnesota is legit and its a reason we have high hopes and all the confidence in the NFL's top defense and an offense that hasn't turned the ball over much at all this season.  And of all the NFC playoff teams, Minnesota is the one team that doesn't have a glaring weakness.

The only realistic knocks on the Vikings right now are Keenum lacks sex appeal to the average fan and the team has a history of choking in the playoffs.  Minnesota has proved themselves the better team all season long.  Hell, they were the better team in 2009 and literally fumbled away the game.  And going into that game, the one glaring weakness the team had was Adrian's fumble issues.

It should be a good one and I can't wait to hit the road and make that US Bank Stadium pilgrimage this weekend.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Giants HC search down to McDaniels, Patricia, and Shurmur.

I'm torn. I think I'd want Shurmur.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Shurmur would be a significant #3 our of those three for me if I were the Giants

Id go Josh if I were them. Let him groom Darnold or Rosen #2 overall behind Eli for a year, and utilize a great potential passing offense.

Patricia would be fine, but his philosophy is a 3-3-5 Hybrid here in New England and idk how well you can incorporate JPP and Vernon in that system. Both would be great for the 7T edge (4-3 DE) spot, but I question the others to play 9T edge (3-4 OLB), and they need a more consistent 3T/4i next to Harrison

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Excited at the prospect of a grizzled, bearded Patricia running a team. Backwards cap, pencil and all.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Are you serious?
I'm skeptical of Belichick guys. And basically what Bosox said about Patricia.

I wouldn't be mad if we signed any of these 3 tbh. That's why I said I'm torn. I don't really hate any of those 3.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shurmur has zero presence and command, I would not trust having him run a team

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
That is a good point, and something I've considered.

I just don't love any of these guys. Everyone says McDaniels is going to be great the 2nd time around, which makes me assume he won't be. Haha.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea, they should probably go with McDaniels and I would guess he's most likely their choice.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shurmur seems like a great fit for the Cardinals. I can see him trying to bring Bradford to AZ with him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Josh McDaniels and Mike Vrabel are finalists for the Colts HC job. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe they won that game. When the Falcons converted that 4th down to Julio and, I thought it was over. Wow. I know they probably won't win two more, but damn this one feels good.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bout time Mariota actually hit Cory Davis for 6. He missed two of those last week.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
yeah total home cooking right there, but they missed the FG anyway.

So did I miss something? Apparently Mularkey thought the officiating was so bad he whined to the hot reporter about it. To me it looks like one team is clearly superior to the other and is steadily taking control of the game. Did I miss some bad calls in the quarter I missed?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
romo just said that the clocks are operated by an independent source so no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%