2017 NFL Gameday Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
A 10 yard penalty plus a 10 second run off and starting the clock right away seems like triple jeopardy but idk
Plus a loss of down.

QUAD

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That interception on 4th down wasn't a catch. Aren't turnovers always reviewed? I don't understand why they didn't take a look at it. Would have saved the Panthers about 20 yards.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think they did look at it but ruled it an interception and fumble, not an incompletion

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fucking Vikes Revenge Tour is taking shape. Let the Saints come to Minneapolis and play as sloppy as they did today. Saints losing Peat just opened the flood gates for Linval.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I think Atlanta has a better chance of making the Super Bowl than the Vikings do tbh

I just feel that NO/MIN will be a tighter game than ATL/NO or ATL/MIN 

and yea sorry I don't see the Eagles winning
I was kidding. That game's gonna be ugly and I'm not all that excited about it.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
If the Vikings offense shows up, they will win

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
If the Vikings offense shows up, they will win
Yeah, Linval is going to eat up the middle. Rhodes on Thomas and Waynes on Ginn worked the Vikes advantage last time around. I feel a lot of Diggs in this game. Lattimore likely shadowing Theilen. I see Diggs and Jet making all the diff.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I think they'll put Lattimore on Diggs, if anyone. He's the red zone WR, and Thielen is gaining the respect he deserves but I doubt Lattimore shadows him. Plus, Lattimore has a better chance of slowing down Diggs than Thielen. Diggs hates contact and still has his struggles against it. Aside from the one fluky week against Baltimore, Thielen has eaten DBs alive no matter the name of the back of their jerseys.

It's all up to Keenum in the passing game. The guys will get open. I'm mostly worried about the OL.

Also, I think Murray will get most of the RB touches. He hits the hole and always falls forward.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I think they'll put Lattimore on Diggs, if anyone. He's the red zone WR, and Thielen is gaining the respect he deserves but I doubt Lattimore shadows him. Plus, Lattimore has a better chance of slowing down Diggs than Thielen. Diggs hates contact and still has his struggles against it. Aside from the one fluky week against Baltimore, Thielen has eaten DBs alive no matter the name of the back of their jerseys.

It's all up to Keenum in the passing game. The guys will get open. I'm mostly worried about the OL.

Also, I think Murray will get most of the RB touches. He hits the hole and always falls forward.

Fair analysis. Saints are young defense and continue to show tendency to sit back and let big plays happen in front of them. Cam Jordan vs. Riley Reiff is going to be the biggest match up. Expect a lot of David Morgan to help contain.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd throw Lattimore on Theilen and feel good about my chances on containing him. Let Crawley cover Diggs.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Crawley is going to get boned by whoever they put him on, tbh. The Vikings have 4 WRs who could torch him and I'd probably bet on Treadwell against him, too.

It would be damn near unprecedented for 2 rookies in the secondary to not struggle against a team with excellent weapons in the passing game in a playoff road atmosphere. Healthy Greg Olsen is obviously better than Rudolph but healthy Rudolph will be a tougher matchup than Olsen was at 85%.

There are only 2 ways the Saints win this game--a defensive implosion or Case playing shitty. If the Vikings show up as a whole this will be another 10 point game like week 1 when you factor in all that they'll be playing for, which includes another home game after Jones and Sanu slaughter Philadelphia on Saturday.

Minnesota is the best team left in the NFC if they play to their potential. It's up to them to decide their own fate. Either show up or shut up.

If the Vikings play well, they will win.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
fuck man you overrate your vikings

ken crawleys a good corner. hes a very solid #2, and hes definitely better than jarius wright and treadwell smh

vonn bell can cover rudolph just fine. dudes a solid TE but nothing special. you speak of the vikings offense like its some fucking gem, but outside of your two wideouts its trash all things considered.

your defense carries you, and if you face any bit of a good offense (hint: the saints are a really good offense), the vikings are not so secure

like fuck man, you sound like you think minny will beat the saints worse than the pats will the titans which is just wrong

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be a major dissapointment if the Vikings did not win the Super Bowl

Clear favorites

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Vikings to lose and the refs to get blamed

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
fuck man you overrate your vikings

ken crawleys a good corner. hes a very solid #2, and hes definitely better than jarius wright and treadwell smh

vonn bell can cover rudolph just fine. dudes a solid TE but nothing special. you speak of the vikings offense like its some fucking gem, but outside of your two wideouts its trash all things considered.

your defense carries you, and if you face any bit of a good offense (hint: the saints are a really good offense), the vikings are not so secure

like fuck man, you sound like you think minny will beat the saints worse than the pats will the titans which is just wrong

If Minnesota's offense shows up to play, the Vikings will win. If the Panthers can shut down the Saints running game with a lesser front 7 than Minnesota's, Minnesota can too. X will control Thomas. Ginn scares me against Waynes but Waynes has progressed tremendously this season. 

Trash all things considered? A top 10 offense? I don't think so. This OL is vastly improved. Even Murray and McKinnon combined for 1300 yards behind it. The only way this offense sucks is if Case sucks. If Case sucks, we will lose.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Crawley is going to get boned by whoever they put him on, tbh. The Vikings have 4 WRs who could torch him and I'd probably bet on Treadwell against him, too.

It would be damn near unprecedented for 2 rookies in the secondary to not struggle against a team with excellent weapons in the passing game in a playoff road atmosphere. Healthy Greg Olsen is obviously better than Rudolph but healthy Rudolph will be a tougher matchup than Olsen was at 85%.

There are only 2 ways the Saints win this game--a defensive implosion or Case playing shitty. If the Vikings show up as a whole this will be another 10 point game like week 1 when you factor in all that they'll be playing for, which includes another home game after Jones and Sanu slaughter Philadelphia on Saturday.

Minnesota is the best team left in the NFC if they play to their potential. It's up to them to decide their own fate. Either show up or shut up.

If the Vikings play well, they will win.

I stopped reading right there.  Everyone is an homer on this site to a certain degree, but that right there is such blatant homerism that I have no doubt that the rest of the post is just as bad.  At this point I'm not sure why anyone wastes their time even debating with you, it's certainly not worth my time past this post.

and for the record, I do think Minnesota wins.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Vikings fans do seem to think they have the best player in the league at every position....

As long as the Saints' defense keeps their offense at an average level, it'll only be a matter of time before the Saints offense makes a big play that puts them over the top. The Saints defense is capable of making plays too. They're not a great defense every single down like the Vikings, but I think that's overrated since they get the job done anyway. If they can produce a turnover and swing some points, that could be the difference. The same can be said the other way around for all of that, but either way, these teams are more evenly matched than some would admit. They're two completely different teams but when you add all the pieces together, it shouldn't surprise anyone if the Saints keep it close or even win it.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
The thing I fear most is Case playing a completely balls-less game trying not to lose by making a mistake. Otherwise, I expect Murray to run the ball relatively well, and I do think McKinnon busts a play or two for larger gains, though I don't expect a McCaffrey-esque 56 yard TD on what should be a 7 yard pass. I think Thielen plays well regardless of who covers him. It's Diggs that I'm slightly concerned about. If they put Lattimore on him, he might be erased. Diggs still hates contact and can struggle mightily against it, whereas Thielen is probably going to eat you alive unless you regularly double him. Thielen is a big, strong WR who will play through contact and will run everything at full speed. He's pretty much impossible to shut down 1-on-1 and he will be our X-Factor this week. 

Defensively, I'm not worried about Thomas all that much--Rhodes has shown time and time again that he will make the opposing #1 WR mostly ineffective. Ginn is a much bigger threat on deep passes against Waynes. I really, really hope Waynes rises to the occasion. I'm not overly worried about Ingram and Kamara because the loss of Peat in the middle for NO pretty much guarantees that Linval is going to eat the middle of the field, which he was probably going to do anyway. If the Saints try to run outside, as long as Barr and Kendricks are sure tacklers as always, I think we'll be fine against the run. Carolina holding the pair under 50 yards is a fluke anomaly, though. I'm hoping Minnesota keeps them under 100 yards combined. It's doable. 

ST is a toss-up. I'd prefer Lutz in this game because he's got a stronger leg. Not sure which punter I prefer but I absolutely prefer Minnesota's return and coverage units. 

Officiating is going to be really important in this game. These two teams should pray to see Bill Vinovich because both have physical secondaries and the desire should be to let them play. If we end up with a high-penalty white hat like Boger, Cheffers, etc....it will greatly diminish the potential of this game. Please, NFL, do the right thing and instruct your officials to let teams play this weekend. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One thing is for certain based on this thread through the years, the refs will be plotting against both Minnesota and New Orleans, and i for one am excited to find out who they are plotting against the most. Most extreme reaction wins it for me

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
One thing is for certain based on this thread through the years, the refs will be plotting against both Minnesota and New Orleans, and i for one am excited to find out who they are plotting against the most. Most extreme reaction wins it for me
This. Can't discount that replay guy in NYC either. He's a wild card and a loose cannon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%