2017 MLB Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wasn't watching when it actually happened, but the clip I saw was from the MLB Network international feed. Did they show it on Fox too?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I think Astros win this series in Houston.  They win the next two. 

They just need one more win and then Verlander and Keuchel are right there.  I just don't see them losing it.

CoachAF

Reaction score
Jon Heyman hates the Astros. Of course he thinks there will be a suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Im disappointed in fox who didnt mention it at all tho. Its not until manfred says anything that anyone even talks about this

But if puig did this man. Imagine
I'm not surprised Fox didn't mention it. It was a slight gesture that really didn't register until a minute or so. I remember being like: "Wait.. did he just..?" Even then I wasn't sure. 

But I agree Mexi. It would be nothing but "Ban Puig Now" today if he had done it. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
5 game suspension in 2018
Harsh. But theyre making an example out of him which is ok. No place for racist gestures in mlb. And i know hes not a racist guy, but what he did was still offensive

Ok now back to tonights blowout

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised. I figured if they suspended him it would be maybe 2 games.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A lot of angry responses from fans
But idk what they want. He gets 5 games which is a ton. He has to take sensitivity classes and the astros will donate the salary
What more do they want?
They sound whiny and sound like they want him gone cause hes good. Want an advantage

Selfishly i didnt want him suspended because he isnt great vs lefties and the dodgers next 3 starters are lefties

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But i also dont want to sound like im defending him
What he did was wrong and he deserves the suspension. I want to be clear

Even if they suspended him now, he would just appeal it.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I'm glad they won't let this effect the World Series. I 'd rather see him suspended 5 games next year than 1 now.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
A lot of angry responses from fans
But idk what they want. He gets 5 games which is a ton. He has to take sensitivity classes and the astros will donate the salary
What more do they want?
They sound whiny and sound like they want him gone cause hes good. Want an advantage

Selfishly i didnt want him suspended because he isnt great vs lefties and the dodgers next 3 starters are lefties
Bro people are miserable.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's very telling when someone makes a racist gesture, and someone's response is to go after the people who are upset with racism, and have very little to say about the gesture itself

I'm not even arguing intent on the players part (even though that's irrelevant), but it's just hilarious that this is your focus, on people who did not make racist gestures. But that is the typical conservative reaction

Could have simply stated it was wrong, you believed it was a mistake, but nope, your focus immediately went on people who have the audacity to be upset with racism.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ken Giles is TRASH

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Alex Wood went 16-3 this season and Mexi in here acting lie he is below replacement level smh

He was by far my best fantasy pick of the season. Him and Jonathan Schoop.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kershaw in game 5 and Verlander in game 6.

I'd bet on this going 7.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
It's very telling when someone makes a racist gesture, and someone's response is to go after the people who are upset with racism, and have very little to say about the gesture itself

I'm not even arguing intent on the players part (even though that's irrelevant), but it's just hilarious that this is your focus, on people who did not make racist gestures. But that is the typical conservative reaction

Could have simply stated it was wrong, you believed it was a mistake, but nope, your focus immediately went on people who have the audacity to be upset with racism.
Very telling that what? You're telling me it's wrong to not be offended by Yulli making a joke in the dugout. It's not something I would do, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it. Hell, your panties are in more of a wad than Darvish's about it. 

I say again, if Dave Chappelle or George Lopez do it... it's fucking hilarious. A baseball player does it and it's a travesty. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers get Bellinger going about the time the Stros' bullpen completely shits the bed. I'll take LA in 6 now.

catman

Reaction score
This series will probably go 7 games now.  Who knows which team is going to win it at this time.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A lot of talk circulating the net about players, coaches and umpires recognizing the balls are different. Verlander said trying to autograph the surface of the ball is like trying to write your name on a Starbucks receipt. Apparently it doesn't take much to feel the ball and know that it's not the norm. 

Saw one report suggesting the ball is adversely affecting those who toss sliders. Ken Giles lives and dies on the slider. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%