2017 MLB Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3 of the 4 homers the Astros got were vs our 2 worst relievers. Fields and McCarthy

If kenley just entered the game without a runner on base, they probably win

I'm sure the astros feel good but so do the dodgers. They fought back twice. Freaking Culberson hit a homer

A lot is being said about the Astros at home but the dodgers were undefeated at home too. Like CC said, the dodgers have the advantage the next 3 games. Or at least 2 if you don't like Wood

CoachAF

Reaction score
Mexi said:
Mccullers had a 4 something ERA and unlike the Yankees, the dodgers don't chase

Morton gave up 6 runs just a start ago

I'm not worried. But they can also win duh. Home game for them

And the morton game is vs wood who like I said, I expect to get cooked

Go back and look at how Morton gave up those runs. 3 were on the flukiest HR you will EVER see. His stuff that night was real sharp. 

McCullers wasnt the same for most of the second half of the season b/c of his back. But look at McCuller's playoff numbers and you will see that even in a small sample size he's good. He has a clutchness to him. He wants the ball when the stakes are high. That's not to say that he will be nails tomorrow night necessarily, but I wouldnt look at his regular season numbers and say that's who he is or how he will pitch tomorrow. His last outing was one of the most impressive post-season performances by an Astros pitcher.

Also, this narrative of "The Dodgers dont chase" is nice and all, but in this focused of a series against these Astros pitchers, they will chase at times. They struck out 12 times last night in 11 innings. McCullers/Morton/Verlander/Peacock/Giles/Harris/Devenski ALL had K/9's above 9 in the regular season. They are high-K type of pitchers. McCullers has some great stuff, and if you want to discount that because the Dodgers hitters "don't chase", then that's fine. McCullers had a 3.04 ERA at home with an 11.3 K/9. He's going to be ready to go. This Game 3 is going to be a lot of fun to watch. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He won't be able to throw 30 straight curve balls is what I'm saying.
I'm glad we're facing mccullers

Game 4 I'm ready to say auto loss. I want game 3 and 5 and 6

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok I don't like the Dodgers lineup for tonight
Astros win

catman

Reaction score
Darvish didn't make it through the 2nd inning.  His slider was really flat and had "hit me" written on it tonight.  The Astros obliged and even most of the outs (5 of them) were hit hard.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3-1 series because there is absolutely no way Alex Wood survives this lineup

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Mexi said:
3-1 series because there is absolutely no way Alex Wood survives this lineup
I remember the last time the AL side took a 3-1 series lead

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
No confidence. Not even surprised.
why should I be when we miss middle-middle pitches all night

Darvish wet the bed and we still had plenty of chances to win. Pen was nails. Offense and defense but mainly offense was putrid

CoachAF

Reaction score
I am very disappointed with Yuli. His comment and action were uncalled for and insulting. I hope he comes out, apologizes and accepts whatever ruling Manfred doles out when they meet. Personally, I don't think a suspension is necessary, but I wouldn't complain if it was chosen. It's a bummer that my team is up 2-1 in the World Series and my heart is heavy because of these comments. Yuli is not a bad guy, and I highly doubt he is a racist. He just didn't think before he acted. Hopefully this is a wake-up call and will cause some positive changes for him moving forward.

As for the game, I was so happy to see Yu get rocked. A lot of his "Success" in MMP was against 100 loss teams. This team is a lot better than that. I think he was trying too hard. He was hitting 98 at times which isnt normal for him. Add to that poor command, and it was a bad outing. On to Game 4! I hope Morton can pick up where he left off. 

The FOX guys mentioned it, but MMP is a tough place to play for visitors when it is packed and rowdy. It has been fun to see the atmosphere there. Lots of bandwagon fans around here, but I welcome them with open arms. Bandwagon fans build fanbases. 

CoachAF

Reaction score
Word from the clubhouse is that Gurriel was telling his teammates that he hasn't had much success hitting off "Chinitos". They didnt understand him, so he pointed to his eyes to explain. Doesnt make it less offensive, but it does show that there was no harmful intent. Chinito is a common term used to refer to all Asians. It carries the same weight as calling me a gringo. I have been told it isnt considered a racist term by most latinos. 

Heyman expects a suspension, while bowtie doesn't. 

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whether there was any racist intent or not, he's a moron for doing that.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not the right scoial climate to pull hat stunt in the dugout but I really don’t think it’s a big deal. Baseball writers didn’t make it any better, all over social media, talking more about that incident than the game itself. Pretty sad sports has crossed so much into this hypersensitive, everything is offensive, must be politically correct atmosphere.

Just think about this, how would people react if Dave Chappelle was the one doing it? Exactly.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just so I'm gauging this correctly, your stance is taking offense to a racist gesture that was broadcast to millions of viewers = oversensitive?

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Would be really cool to see Houston win it in Houston. Winning 4 straight vs LA would be a hell of a feat. Don't really see it happening, but hoping it does

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Just so I'm gauging this correctly, your stance is taking offense to a racist gesture that was broadcast to millions of viewers = oversensitive?
Here's my problem... Within 15 seconds of Yuli's gesturing, the internet was a blaze. MLB writers from Keith Law to local bloggers were already putting up rants and blogging about this racist act without even really being sure WTF he did and why. When you read Coach's second post above, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Certainly small potatoes when nearly every player in every sport slings the term "faggot" like a crutch word. Or how about the n-word being tossed around like a noun? 

5 years ago this isn't that big of a deal. But we now live in a society where cameras just sit back and wait to catch players doing offensive shit. 

Thank God Yuli isn't white though. If he was a white dude, the situation would be waaaaay more unbearable the hear about than it is right now. The Liberal MSM would pounce all over it. Yuli is Cuban though so many don't really give a shit.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea, it's fucked up what he did but I don't think he's getting suspended for it.

And Jon Heyman is typically wrong.

Also if that truly was his intent, as Coach posted, I think he'll be ok. And I get what AE is saying, the internet tends to jump all over something without getting any sort of context on what it just saw. And Darvish was right, let's not throw this guy into the woodchipper over this. He'll learn from it, and probably already has.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Go ahead and suspend guriel i dont care
Its not like houston will miss him. His splits vs lefties arent great

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im disappointed in fox who didnt mention it at all tho. Its not until manfred says anything that anyone even talks about this

But if puig did this man. Imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%