Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
On another note, I've never seen any of those graphics you posted. Those are pretty cool.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Kevin OConnors draft guide. Got it for $7.50 -- pretty damn good deal

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Doubt this would ever happen, but I feel it'd be quite beneficial for all parties involved

Phoenix gets: #3, #16
Denver gets: #4, #35
Boston gets: #7, #8
Sacramento gets: #13, #15, #23

• Phoenix trades up, gets Bender at #3. They move #13, and fall down to #16 for moving up one spot.
• Denver trades up to #4 to get Jamal Murray paired with Mudiay. Could go Hield too. They trade #7 and #15 for #4 and #35.
• Minny picks Dunn, Pels take whoever Denver didn't.
• Boston then trades the #13 and #15 they got from the other trades, as well as the #23 pick, to Sacto, who's top 3 targets (Hield, Dunn, and Murray) are gone. 
• Boston takes Jaylen Brown and Marquese Chriss at #7 & #8

And the Kings are in the prime area to take one of Dejounte Murray/Wade Baldwin/Demetrius Jackson -- the next tier of PGs

Very doubtful it'd ever happen, unfortunately

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Talking about Deyonta Davis, that's the guy I would take a risk on, because I don't think it's much of a risk. If the Pels were to trade back, I'd want him to be their target. I think he's a better John Henson, and I love Henson, he's criminally underused in Milwaukee. He's got several skills that translate immediately, and I think he's the prototypical defensive big for where the league is going.

Stray32

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Talking about Deyonta Davis, that's the guy I would take a risk on, because I don't think it's much of a risk. If the Pels were to trade back, I'd want him to be their target. I think he's a better John Henson, and I love Henson, he's criminally underused in Milwaukee. He's got several skills that translate immediately, and I think he's the prototypical defensive big for where the league is going.
yeah I've been saying for at least a couple weeks I can't see him going below 11. Not just about his skillset now but about what he projects to, not a star but a legit starter and a very versatile two-way big man at PF or small-ball C. He's 6'10 with a 7'2 wingspan, a frame that should be able to handle added weight (he's 240 right now), and really solid athleticism. Offensively he has a clean mid-range jumper that should be able to expand to NBA 3-point range and has great hands to excel as a rim-runner and lob-finisher; he could be a really strong pick and roll/pick and pop big man, and he's also a great offensive rebounder. Defensively he's got great instincts as a shot-blocker and great feet for a big man to switch onto perimeter players.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Nola how do you feel about Wade Baldwin with the Pelicans?

If the Celts deal you rumored doesn't happen, I feel a MIL/NO trade could be good where they get Murray at 6 and you guys get Baldwin at 10, plus more obv

He's a good defensive guard that I personally really like (not for Boston per say but in general)

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
ESPN's reporting again that the Lakers could trade D'Angelo for a top 5 pick in this years draft.... the Buddy Hield workout makes more sense now.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Nola how do you feel about Wade Baldwin with the Pelicans?

If the Celts deal you rumored doesn't happen, I feel a MIL/NO trade could be good where they get Murray at 6 and you guys get Baldwin at 10, plus more obv

He's a good defensive guard that I personally really like (not for Boston per say but in general)
I'm not that high on him. He has a nice set of skills but when you actually see him play he leaves a lot to be desired. And being in the SEC, I saw a good bit of him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO said:
Nola you do one of your evaluations on Ben simmons?
Being an LSU fan I haven't really needed to go back and really evaluate him during the draft process to much, I did most of that during the season. I formed an opinion on him months back and it really hasn't changed, he's too talented not to take in the top 2, but I think Ingram has a better chance to be an elite player then Ben does.

Anything you're looking for in particular?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heard the Pels big board is likely Dunn, Hield, then Murray

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
tbh that makes sense, given that's how I would rank the three guards defensively

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It does, Dell Demps had a press conference today and when asked where the team wants to improve he said on defense.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Denzel Valentine has an "significant knee issue." Drawing comparisons to Brandon Roy. I wonder how far this could cause him to drop?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Denzel Valentine has an "significant knee issue." Drawing comparisons to Brandon Roy. I wonder how far this could cause him to drop?
Brandon Roy without skills?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Oh I thought the article was comparing their career trajectory haha

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Probballdraft/status/745236878828408833

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I question the validity of Bender not being an option knowing we are working him out in a few hours

And no shir we're passing on Chriss. He literally made no sense and just had to be smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%