2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Please don't go there it's not even close. Do you have any idea what Jackie Robinson went through....

i wish i could +1 this a thousand times 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Don't be ignorant enough to think that just because you're comfortable with homosexuals, that everyone in the Nets' locker room is.
How does that make it risky? Do you think everyone in the locker oom is comfortable with the douchebag that is known as Kevin Garnett? No. Its a workplace, they pay you to do a job, you don't get go decide all of your teammates. Do your job

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
All I see on anything NBA online is JASON COLLINS JASON COLLINS JASON COLLINS. Fuck that shit, it should be about playing basketball not being gay and playing basketball...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
How does that make it risky? Do you think everyone in the locker oom is comfortable with the douchebag that is known as Kevin Garnett? No. Its a workplace, they pay you to do a job, you don't get go decide all of your teammates. Do your job

Have you ever heard of one of KG's teammates complain about him? Seriously, I haven't. Not to mention that KG was brought in during the offseason where he was given months to work on his relationships with any player who might have had qualms with him. While this is in the midst of the season.

That's not even a comparison bro.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Do you think everyone in the locker oom is comfortable with the douchebag that is known as Kevin Garnett? 

Lmao way to completely pull that out of your ass. Please show me an example of a teammate that didn't like playing with KG

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't think guru and I have ever agreed on anything haha.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Have you ever heard of one of KG's teammates complain about him? Seriously, I haven't. Not to mention that KG was brought in during the offseason where he was given months to work on his relationships with any player who might have had qualms with him. While this is in the midst of the season.

That's not even a comparison bro.
Who cares if they haven't complained about him? Doesn't mean his attitude and persona is comfortable to be around.

Collins has played with Kidd, KG, Pierce, Joe Johnson, & Andrei Kirilenko at some point in his career. All veteran presences in the Nets organization. Do you really think they signed him without asking their opinions and weighing the reaction?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Who cares if they haven't complained about him? Doesn't mean his attitude and persona is comfortable to be around.

Lmao, you're really reaching breh

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This argument is a way for people who are not okay with gays in sports to indirectly say it, essentially, without coming off as homophobic. That's how I read it. Coming up with every reason why they shouldn't sign so and so, instead of actually attempting to break berries and change the culture we live in.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well attorney dan, you'd have some explaining to do because you lost this argument.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If there's one team I'd expect to have the least problems with this signing, it's the Nets. Maybe next to the Spurs.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have no proof that KG has ever rubbed a team mate the wrong way with his demeanor because no one has complained publicly, but SURELY Jason Collins will make the Nets locker room uncomfortable, with no proof or complaint from anyone in the locker room, is what I'm gathering from this.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You're right Dan because clearly it's 2014 and EVERYONE is comfortable and accepting of homosexuality.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wouldn't even go that far.
Is it gonna be uncomfortable to shower with the gay dude? Probably. Will they stop giving a shit after a week? Definitely.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jason Collins is a terrible player. That's really all I care about.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You're right Dan because clearly it's 2014 and EVERYONE is comfortable and accepting of homosexuality.
He has past working relationships with key contributing veteran player on the team, and the coach. Like I said, this wouldn't have happened if they had an issue with it. Haven't heard an objection from a Nets player yet, and apparently public comments have to be made to know if someone has made things uncomfortable.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWhpV2K0HoE

this video is a thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%