#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steve will eventually

JKidd obviously trusts his former teammate and a seasoned veteran

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Making a big deal out of Jason Collins playing for the nets because hes gay is annoying because in reality it should just be Jason Collins playing for the nets. Not all this first gay player non sense. He was already the first gay player we know about whether he came out after or not.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But there is a difference between being in the closet and out in the open

He gives hope to those who are gay and are stuck in the closet because they are scared

I wish it didnt matter either. Lets just talk about his 2 rebounds and 1 steal, but it goes beyond that

Its a big deal. This isnt that far off or maybe even its on par with jackie robinson breaking the color barrier

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm going to throw this out there and say that if Jason Collins hadn't come out as gay, he wouldn't have gotten another opportunity in the league. There's plenty of other big men out there better than him.

Good for him though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its not a stretch to say that at all
Flipside is the nets need a big, there are none out there, i mean it took big baby being cut before the clips got a big and theyve needed one all season

Its a great story and im happy for him. Really moved by the whole situation

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
You guys think the nfl will fine someone for calling michael Sam a faggot or something? Cause of they're doing racial slurs I could see it easily.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I'm going to throw this out there and say that if Jason Collins hadn't come out as gay, he wouldn't have gotten another opportunity in the league. There's plenty of other big men out there better than him.

Good for him though.
its a 10 day contract for a decent team. You're just looking for a guy who knows his role, plays within himself and is well liked. I said it in the thread about his announcement. He's nearly 7 feet tall, there is always a place for him on a roster. He's been in the league for, forever. His best attribute (his height) didn't just disappear cause he turned out to be gay.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
kobe was fined for saying it to a ref

i dont think collins will have a single issue

tyfreak

Members
Reaction score
Good win for Kings tonight. Although our perimeter defense is ass, and half the Nuggets roster is injured

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
being homophobic is old hat
im not saying it doesnt go around, but i dont think NBA players care

racial slurs are rare in the NFL and in cases like Incognito, there was hell to pay. More mics in the NBA and the NBA wont tolerate anything
Collins will be fine

the NBA advocates Gay rights too. Did you see the commercial with Jared Dudley and Grant Hill from a few years back talking about refraining from using "gay" to mean dumb or stupid

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think anyone whether its a fan or a player will say anything out of line in the arena

what people do in their homes or in their inner circles is one thing, but you cant say anything homophobic anymore without looking like an ass. there will be a million people against you

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
You guys think the nfl will fine someone for calling michael Sam a <Censored> or something? Cause of they're doing racial slurs I could see it easily.

The NFL should fine players for calling anyone a . At least with the meaning is concrete and well known, whereas when many people think nigga is a completely separate term from the "er" ending. Calling the "a" ending a slur is kind of hard. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

You guys think the nfl will fine someone for calling michael Sam a <Censored> or something? Cause of they're doing racial slurs I could see it easily.

The NFL should fine players for calling anyone a . At least with the meaning is concrete and well known, whereas when many people think nigga is a completely separate term from the "er" ending. Calling the "a" ending a slur is kind of hard. 

The NFL is already talking about penalizing players who do use the n-word.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
its a 10 day contract for a decent team. You're just looking for a guy who knows his role, plays within himself and is well liked. I said it in the thread about his announcement. He's nearly 7 feet tall, there is always a place for him on a roster. He's been in the league for, forever. His best attribute (his height) didn't just disappear cause he turned out to be gay.
Which kind of proves my point that why would they risk bringing him in when they can bring in any other guy who is better and also knows his role.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Which kind of proves my point that why would they risk bringing him in when they can bring in any other guy who is better and also knows his role.
There is literally no risk.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Don't be ignorant enough to think that just because you're comfortable with homosexuals, that everyone in the Nets' locker room is.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
elcheato said:
The NFL is already talking about penalizing players who do use the n-word.

Which is fucking retarded since the majority of the people who will be penalized will be black people. Just white people trying to control the way others communicate. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Its a big deal. This isnt that far off or maybe even its on par with jackie robinson breaking the color barrier
Please don't go there it's not even close. Do you have any idea what Jackie Robinson went through....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%