2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the peyton led broncos are going to damage.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Damn I missed a kammeh spotting??

I also love how MJD was supposed to be the 3rd down back, and clearly that was false lol

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn I missed a kammeh spotting??

I also love how MJD was supposed to be the 3rd down back, and clearly that was false lol
Jennings got hurt. Knee injury, jags had no choice to give him the carries that jennings was suppost to get.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Week one pending (over)reactions:

1. Andy Reid can't mask the shortcomings of a quarterback who turns the ball over. Philly needs to hope Vick gets the handle on his turnovers or they should hand the reigns to the rookie.

2. I do not like NYJ's quarterback situation, but why was everybody so down on the Jets (that may have been my other forum more so than here, I think)? I knew they'd beat Buffalo, picked them in both of my pick 'em leagues. Rex talks so people think he's overrated when really, he's quite an underrated coach. For two years he compensated for the LOLfest that was the combination of Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer. He needs props for that.

3. Two second year QBs played good games, and they played one another. Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert were judged too early, by too many.

-The Jags are my dark horse AFC team.

4. So yeah...Russell Wilson starting, eh? It was the right call after the preseason, but how long until Matt Flynn gets the nod? Now, Arizona has an excellent defense, just like Seattle. Most people don't realize that. Hell, most people don't even know how good Seattle's defense is. That Arizona/Seattle game--that could be the display of two up-and-coming teams, one of which I think will make the playoffs.

-My two dark horse candidates in the NFC were these two teams. If one gets good QB play, watch out.

5. From the laughingstock of the NFL to an extremely strong defensive division, the NFC West had 4 teams who played lights out defense yesterday. I understand the Rams lost, but Stafford was dog shit yesterday playing against them.

6. My Cowboys might have their shot this year, barring an injury to Romo. The defense looks good. DeMarco Murray is healthy. Watch out.

7. The Bills aren't going anywhere until Fitzpatrick figures out how to not turn the ball over.

8. Pittsburgh could be in trouble. The Broncos aren't that good. Not yet.

To two more games tonight!

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
SF is easily my early favorite to win it all this year.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Wait, so the Jags are a playoff darkhorse team because how well Gabbert played, yet Denver and Pittsburgh arent, when Peyton outperformed Blaine, and the Bronco's defense is a lot tougher than the Vikings.....

And the Jags still didnt win yesterday. Darkhorse my ass, they played a garbage team and ALMOST won, but didnt

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Wait, so the Jags are a playoff darkhorse team because how well Gabbert played, yet Denver and Pittsburgh arent, when Peyton outperformed Blaine, and the Bronco's defense is a lot tougher than the Vikings.....

And the Jags still didnt win yesterday. Darkhorse my ass, they played a garbage team and ALMOST won, but didnt
They're a dark horse because they have a young developing QB who now has weapons and a pretty damn good defense. If they can get their CB situation resolved on that side of the ball, and have Gabbert continue to show growth, they could easily win anywhere between 7-9 games, and maybe even 10.

Nobody wins easy at Mall of America field when the Vikings are at least competitive. Down years? Sure, but the Vikes will be somewhere around .500 this year (most certainly not garbage). Winning at their house will be incredibly difficult.

And Pittsburgh is in trouble because of the division they play in. Jacksonville's in a pretty damn weak division compared to the North.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Minnesota a .500 team? Not a chance.
They're probably going to start 2-0. 6 more wins in 14 games? It's definitely possible. They'll probably take one or two games within the division.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
well fuck
just when things were starting to look good defensively, we lose Grimes for the season...

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
and wait hold on

did you just say they'd take one or two wins IN THE DIVISION?!

Do you really fucking think the Minnesota Vikings, led by a fucking awful secondary and an average LB core, a terrible OL, a receiving core where nobody outside one guy is average at best, an injured RB who is clearly their 2nd best player and isnt nearly as productive in the past few years as he was, and CHRISTIAN PONDER AT QUARTERBACK, can beat the Packers (best team in 2011), Bears (just put up 41 pts, projected to make playoffs by most analysts), and Lions (still a playoff team from last year, and Stafford wont be that inconsistent as he was)?!?!?

The Vikings, without a doubt, will not beat the Niners, Texans, Packers, Bears, or Lions, barring injury. So that 8 losses right there as it is. Tennessee is better than MIN, TB is better than MIN. I'd take the Skins @ WAS, Hawks @ SEA, and maybe even a win for Arizona.

I see 5-11 at best for the Vikes, and 2-14 being most realistic

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
and wait hold on

did you just say they'd take one or two wins IN THE DIVISION?!

Do you really fucking think the Minnesota Vikings, led by a fucking awful secondary and an average LB core, a terrible OL, a receiving core where nobody outside one guy is average at best, an injured RB who is clearly their 2nd best player and isnt nearly as productive in the past few years as he was, and CHRISTIAN PONDER AT QUARTERBACK, can beat the Packers (best team in 2011), Bears (just put up 41 pts, projected to make playoffs by most analysts), and Lions (still a playoff team from last year, and Stafford wont be that inconsistent as he was)?!?!?

The Vikings, without a doubt, will not beat the Niners, Texans, Packers, Bears, or Lions, barring injury. So that 8 losses right there as it is. Tennessee is better than MIN, TB is better than MIN. I'd take the Skins @ WAS, Hawks @ SEA, and maybe even a win for Arizona.

I see 5-11 at best for the Vikes, and 2-14 being most realistic
ROFL. 2-14 after they win their opening game. My God, dude. You really don't know how unpredictable football is.

Tennessee will be hard pressed to beat Minnesota, as will Tampa Bay and Washington, and the Lions never play well at the Dome.

Percy Harvin is not "average at best." GTFO with that. They'll get Jerome Simpson back for a deep threat and the top 4 WRs as Harvin, Simpson, Jenkins, and Aromashedu will not be that bad. Add in Kyle Rudolph and John Carlson and Ponder has quite a few receiving options.

Adrian Peterson is still the best back in the league. Arian Foster is great, but his exaggerated production is the product of a PHENOMENAL offensive line and a scheme designed specifically for his cutbacks. AP and Foster are 1a and 1b, at the most.

Christian Ponder is a good quarterback and will show it this year. How you don't think he's worth a shit is beyond me. Oh wait, you don't actually get to watch the Vikings, so your knowledge on the team is jack shit.

The secondary is improved. No more Asher Allen. A healthy Winfield and Cook with the charges dropped. This secondary is better.

Doubt them all you want. Just watch them win 7 or 8 games.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That happened quickly. Thought they were going to go right down and score a TD, right after that, but Bengals made them settle for a FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%