2012 NFL Draft Thread.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And this bitch Pioli just went on the radio saying he won't trade up. Thanks guys

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm already getting the feeling that Tom Heckert is gonna trade down again

TTN2810

Reaction score
Kam, Blackmon can take over a game though. There's times where he looks uncoverable, and he breaks lots of tackles and creates big plays. I love Wright too, have since the beginning of the season, but he won't be able to go across the middle like he did in college. He'll be good if there's a big WR on the field.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You think so? I disagree. I rarely heard people talking about him, even when he got off to that great start.
It's just because Baylor was a smaller school not getting much media attention. The real draft guys have been talking about him for a long time. That's why I hate the media

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Kam, Blackmon can take over a game though. There's times where he looks uncoverable, and he breaks lots of tackles and creates big plays. I love Wright too, have since the beginning of the season, but he won't be able to go across the middle like he did in college. He'll be good if there's a big WR on the field.
To each his own, im just saying.

Kendall is more explosive.

Period

TTN2810

Reaction score
I agree, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will have more explosive plays.
For me, the only 2 WR's I have had ranked higher than Blackmon in the last 5-6 years was Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I agree, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will have more explosive plays.
For me, the only 2 WR's I have had ranked higher than Blackmon in the last 5-6 years was Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant.
He's even better than A.J. Green?

TTN2810

Reaction score
Right, aha, forgot to look at this last years draft. AJ is > Blackmon.

Anyways, found this to be very interesting:

via @WesBunting
Just got off the phone with an NFL scout who he thinks#ArizonaState QB Brock Osweiler is a 3rd round talent, who could go top 20 #NFLDRAFT

TTN2810

Reaction score
If CJ is a 99, AJ a 98, Dez a 97, I'd give Blackmon a 96.5 lol. JUST under those guys' class.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
A.J. Green needs to get beefed up a bit, he's too small. That's my complaint. I'm sure that will change as time goes on since it was his first year with the lockout affecting a lot of things.

swoosh

Reaction score
It's just because Baylor was a smaller school not getting much media attention. The real draft guys have been talking about him for a long time. That's why I hate the media
Well I wasn't talking about the media. I don't even have ESPN anymore, haha. I'm on a forum dedicated to the draft and he was barely getting talked about there. I saw it last year. He's just so explosive, he catches your eye whenever you watch him play. That's why I was surprised he wasn't getting a lot of attention. Even the guys that knew about him, nobody thought he'd be mentioned as a possible first round pick. He was always labeled as a mid round prospect who was destined to be a slot receiver in the NFL.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He caught my eye scouting Griffin in week 3. Knew he'd be a first. If you can check out Wright vs. Oklahoma St and Kansas State. Wow.

TTN2810

Reaction score
A.J. Green needs to get beefed up a bit, he's too small. That's my complaint. I'm sure that will change as time goes on since it was his first year with the lockout affecting a lot of things.
Yep. If he can put on 10-15 pounds w/o losing speed, that would benefit him. Strength is his only real "weakness", even though it really isn't a weakness, just not good.

swoosh

Reaction score
He caught my eye scouting Griffin in week 3. Knew he'd be a first. If you can check out Wright vs. Oklahoma St and Kansas State. Wow.
See, that's my point, lol. I'm surprised more people didn't see it last year.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watching the Baylor-A&M game.

Honestly, I think Nwachukwu AND Swope are both better prospects than Jeff Fuller. I don't know what happened to Fuller. He was kind of inconsistent in 2010, but did show some flashes of potential. This season, he just didn't really look good at all. Lots of drops, and can't get any separation. He'll still get some looks because of his size and he's not dreadfully slow, but I wouldn't touch him before the 4th.

Speaking of Nwachukwu BTW, I think he could be a fairly deep sleeper next season. Decent size, very quick and smooth athlete. The potential is there, just looks pretty raw.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is Terrance Williams returning for his senior season?

Wright gets all the pub, but Williams looks pretty damn good to me too. Why does he get no attention?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%