2012 NBA Free Agency thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Am I never allowed to disagree with what coaches in the NBA think, or are their words gospel to you?
Their words mean a million times more to me than your words. If Monty says Rivers could play point, and you say he can't, who do you expect me to side with? Not to mention you don't say it as an opinion, you act like it's fact.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nola, do you truly believe austin will develop into a point guard an NOT hurt your team by playing there?..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nola, do you truly believe austin will develop into a point guard an NOT hurt your team by playing there?..
Depends on his ego and the situation. If Eric Gordon is here, and Anthony Davis develops into a stud, absolutely. If Gordon is gone and Davis is Marcus Camby? He'd hurt us at PG.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So why are you on a sports forum if you're basically saying I should take the word of every NBA coach as truth?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not saying you should, I'm saying stop acting like you're opinion is fact.

Just because Monty Williams sees him as a PG down the road, doesn't mean he is, because he's not.
That screams "my opinion is right and Monty's is wrong."

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, that opinion is seems pretty foolproof to me. He couldn't successfully play PG on a team with a better coach.

A 6'5 guard with a scorers mentality and tunnel vision doesn't exactly scream PG to me, but if Monty Williams thinks so..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think it has to do with how AD turns out. i just dont see him playing the point. hes a lesser version of eg and i dont see him as a point guard..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think it has to do with how AD turns out. i just dont see him playing the point. hes a lesser version of eg and i dont see him as a point guard..
I more so meant keeping his ego in check and keeping him from getting the idea that he's the best player. Plus the fact that I don't think he's ever really played with teammates like Gordon or Davis. He's always had to be the guy. He was the only guy that could really do his own thing on the Duke team last year, and that got him into some trouble.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats just because thats what kind of player he is.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nola I respect your opinion but Rivers isn't a point guard. He can create but solely for himself outside of a few lobs. But if you take him off the ball he isn't as effective so I guess he has to be a ball dominant 2.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's the type of player JR Smith is. With the right coaching and teammates I don't see any reason why he can't be Russell Westbrook. Especially if he doesn't feel like the Alpha-Dog.

And before someone says "omg he said Westbrook he will never be Westbrook!!" I don't mean he'll ever be as good as Westy, just that he could be shoot first, shoot second, pass third or shoot first, pass second, shoot third unlike JR who's like shoot first, shoot second, shoot third, and hell shoot fourth.

He's FAR from a traditional PG but I've recently become under the opinion that you can play a ball dominate combo guard at the one and get away with it. I mean, Westbrook, Lou Williams, Derrick Rose, Allen Iverson, Brandon Jennings, etc. None of those guys are PG's by the simplest meaning of the word, but they can all play the point.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's not nearly the explosive athlete Russell is, or even any of the PGs you mentioned for that matter.

I love Austin but he's a 2 guard

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they need someone lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd just sit on the cap space. No use giving Sessions a multi year deal.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeremy Evans will re-sign with the Jazz on a three-year, $5.5 million deal.

Evans was a second round pick in 2010 and won the 2012 Slam Dunk Contest.
i honestly forgot who won lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's FAR from a traditional PG but I've recently become under the opinion that you can play a ball dominate combo guard at the one and get away with it. I mean, Westbrook, Lou Williams, Derrick Rose, Allen Iverson, Brandon Jennings, etc. None of those guys are PG's by the simplest meaning of the word, but they can all play the point.
Lou Williams is definitely a SG.
DRose is a far better passer than Austin
AI BJ3 and Russ are far better athletes than Rivers too

Stin is def a SG

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think I could get behind "Stin." He needs a better nickname.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%