2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Meh, we can beat them lol, we can beat any team. It would be a heck of a series.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn the pens d looked sloppy today. I guess it's cool though. I'm cheerin for the Canadian teams anyways lol.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would you want to face the Blackhawks? haha
They probably have the best chance to eliminate us out of all the Western teams.
Canucks are a pretty good team too. They have a superstar caliber goalie and they have 3 lines that could score. Let's see they win the series though.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
While the playoff drive continues for the Boston Bruins, it is over for forward Marco Sturm.

Bruins' head coach Claude Julien confirmed Sunday that Sturm will miss the remainder of the post-season with a torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligamentes in his right knee sustained in his very first shift of Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinal encounter with the Philadelphia Flyers. Sturm had to be helped off the ice after attempting to check Flyers' defenceman Matt Carle.

In a release, the Bruins stated that Sturm would undergo surgery within the next four-to-six weeks and will need at least six months to recover afterwards meaning that he will likely miss the beginning of next season.

The 31-year-old did not recorded a point in the playoffs, but scored 22 goals and had 15 assists for the Bruins during the regular season.
Big loss for the B's. He's been so good for them this season.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he hasn't been anywhere in the playoffs. At least Thornton gets to play now.

I swear, though, if Wheeler doesn't fucking show up tomorrow they need to scratch his sorry ass and play Lehtonen or Marchand.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah. He's been invisible. Krejci's stepped up big time though. Olympics helped him.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Krejci's been nothing short of magic but they keep sticking him with dead weight like Wheeler and Sturm (in the playoffs he hasn't done jack). I honestly think a good shot like Lehtonen would thrive with Krejci.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah that's true.
I really like Boychuk though. He's a nice physical guy.
He's been your best dman imo.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nabokov's been bailing his team out.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joe Thornton? A goal? A PLAYOFF goal?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, I had no idea it was Wings vs. NHL refs in this series, could of sworn we were going against the Sharks...

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah, it can't even be debated. That was terrible on the refs part. I couldn't believe it.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What can't be debated? The refs cost Detroit this game? If that's how you feel than that's a cop out.

Yes, the officiating was pretty bad and seemingly tilted in the direction of San Jose but it was hardly the prime factor in that loss. In the first two games Howard has looked pretty ordinary.

And you want to point some blame somewhere? Henrik Zetteberg had the 2nd most ice time for Detroit forwards and had only 2 shots to show for it.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I definitely blame the refs for the this game how can you not? If I remember correctly San Jose scored their last two goals on what, a 5 on 3 and 5 on 4? Both power plays which were the result of penalties being called because San Jose thinks they're playing soccer and diving all over the place. Those should have never been called.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only one of those last two came on the man advantage. And, if I remember correctly, Heatley was also called for a tic-tac goaltender interference penalty too. I'm not saying the the refs weren't horrible. Just that they aren't solely to blame for the loss.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peter Laviolette:
That Mark Recchi guy seemed to want to take a couple runs at Pronger.
That Mark Recchi guy? THAT MARK RECCHI GUY?!?! Who the FUCK are YOU, Peter Laviolette?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It's completely impossible to win a game when they're given what? 9 or 10 power plays and only a few of them were actual penalties. I seen San Jose doing the same stuff Detroit was doing (Which Detroit was penalized for) and the Sharks didn't get penalized for it. Your right, the Red Wings didn't play very good but it doesn't help when your down 1-2 men the entire game. Detroit needs to get back to who they are, I haven't seen the Red Wings team I know of the past two games. If Detroit plays to the level they are capable of, they can get right back in this series at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%