2009/2010 MLB Offseason Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rafael Furcal is the key to the Dodgers season, book it.
yes sir
he's always been it seems. when he's on base, wow. we're awesome

for the pitchers, it's Billingsley.
I think he's going to be awesome this year. We got a nice 1-2 with he and Kershaw.
thats not just nice, thats filthy. really filthy

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, Ive seen the Wright Stache a couple of times before. Less than a week away from opening day!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Red Sox offering Beckett a 4-year extension...and Buster Olney says fans should be optimistic that this deal gets done by next week.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
Jays send down Carlson, Purcey and Reed. Surprised that Carlson got sent down but saw the other two coming

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers traded Nate Robertson today for a lefty prospect for the Marlins.

This means Bonderman and Willis earn the 4 and 5 spots in the rotation <3

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jays send down Carlson, Purcey and Reed. Surprised that Carlson got sent down but saw the other two coming
Carlson will probably be back soon. He just needs to get his control back.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Carlson was struggling near the end of last season, I guess it carried into spring training. But I agree with Snipe, he should be back in the MLB in no time. Not surprised at Purcey though, he's definitely good enough but we just don't have space for him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers traded Nate Robertson today for a lefty prospect for the Marlins.

This means Bonderman and Willis earn the 4 and 5 spots in the rotation <3
i cant believe you're happy about that lol
those 2 suck

and Sherzer is just a thrower. he should be in the bullpen. trust me, i've seen him a ton the past few years

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm excited for opening day, get to see Jake Westbrook back in action for the first time in 2 years, but we'll get owned by Mark Burhle or Jake Peavy, whoever the hell is starting for the Sox.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Looks like Jose Reyes might start opening day. It just may be possible which would be a huge lift to our team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TAMPA, Fla. -- Minnesota Twins outfielder Denard Span hit a foul ball that struck his mother in the chest in the first inning of Wednesday's spring training game against the New York Yankees.

Wanda Wilson was wearing a Span jersey and sitting with about 20 family members and friends near the third-base dugout. Span, batting leadoff, took a defensive swing against Yankees starter Phil Hughes in the first inning and hit a liner right at her in the box seats.

A stunned Span sprinted from the batters' box to the stands and stayed with his mother while paramedics treated her. The split-squad game was delayed for a few minutes as she was taken to first aid, and the Twins said she was sore but OK.

Span returned to the plate with the count 3-2 and struck out looking on the next pitch. The Twins originally said Span would leave the game, but his mother was sitting in a different seat by the bottom of the first inning and he went to center field.

She was treated by paramedics and back in the stands minutes later, but eventually went to a hospital after being convinced by medical personnel at the stadium.

Span flied out in the second inning, then left in the bottom of the third, telling a team official he wasn't mentally into the game. Span and his mother spent time together after he departed.

The AL co-leader in triples last season was born and raised in Tampa. Span regularly volunteers to make the long trip from the Twins' spring training home in Fort Myers when Minnesota visits the Yankees so he can see his family.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^ Talk about some horrible luck on that Span story.

In other news: The M's place Ryan Garko on waivers, clearing a roster spot for Ryan Sweeney.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know what happened to Garks recently. He was a decent player now he just sucks lol

Hope he gets picked up

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'd be pretty good if he ever developed home run power.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rezepcznski is out for 6 weeks with broken finger. Cecil, Tallet and Eveland will likely fight for the last 2 spots.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Daniel Murphy is out 2-6 weeks because of a sprained right knee. Reyes will start on the DL as well. Here we go again....

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jays starting rotation this season

Marcum
Tallet
Ricky
Morrow
Eveland

Idk why Tallet is the nnumber 2 guy. He had a terrible spring and the guy's stamina isn't just good enough to be a starter imo. I hope he proves me wrong but I think should be a reliever.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Jays starting rotation this season

Marcum
Tallet
Ricky
Morrow
Eveland

Idk why Tallet is the nnumber 2 guy. He had a terrible spring and the guy's stamina isn't just good enough to be a starter imo. I hope he proves me wrong but I think should be a reliever.
Tallet's good enough to maybe get the number 5 spot. I kind of wish Cecil was in the rotation, but maybe its best for him to stay in the minors.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah but not the 2 spot lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%